005

s.c.; the fray - never say never

 -=-

    one month later.

march.

        It has been one complete month since she has seen the mystery boy and his sweet sister. She eventually went back to work and her life was back to her normal everyday routine. The snow has fallen to a small sprinkle every now and then but spring was commencing very soon as it was only a few weeks until april was around. She was so excited because her favorite season just happened to be spring then fall coming in second place. She was sitting in the book store but not reading this time. May needed her reorganize the store for a shipment of books for the section in the store that sold the newly published books, but the store still held more older books than newer. After four vexatious hours of organizing and stacking books into the shelves on the bookcase, she was finally able to get ready to go home.

        It was a quarter to eleven p.m. on a friday night when she stepped out of the bookstore with her bag on her shoulder as she walked through the chilly march night. The midnight sky was clear but still chilly on her cheeks, you could finally see the stars making there way back into the sky yet again on another night. She walked into the apartment complex and pressed the button for the elevator. Hearing the ding after biding for a few minutes the elevator opened its doors and she stepped in. Pressing the number six on the control panel of the elevator, she made her way up to her floor. But the before the doors completely shut, a hand stopped it from the doors adjoining. She looked up from staring at her feet for too long and saw him. After a long waited month, she finally saw the person who was taking up all of her animalistic dreams.She only glanced his way for a mere few seconds and continued to look at the tips of her taupe ankle booties. She thought her cheeks must be a geranium red from blushing at the thought of him that way. Telling herself to rid of these thoughts, she remained quiet until the elevator doors adjoined together and ascended to the sixth floor of the apartment complex. Ding, she let out a long sigh, that she did not know that she was holding and absconded from the confined space of the elevator.

        But she promptly stopped when she heard his voice. 'Hey...' She did not know what to say so she turned around and gave him a brief nod and smile and left completely soon after. But she never heard the elevator doors when she unlocked her apartment door and sealed the bolt and lock once again out of habit. She thought that she was so imbecilic for not using her voice and saying a simple Hi or Hello to the pulchritudinous man. He acknowledged her first, but she was such a tight-lipped and coy person. At that moment, she wished that she would of said something because now she would never get the chance to see or speak to him again. She decided at that moment that it was a good time to make some of her favorite hot white tea to help herself halcyon back to her natural state of mind.

        This man was blindsiding her with all of these thoughts that she has no idea what they mean or have any significance in her life. Halcyon. Peace. That was her natural nature to her and her mind set. She was OCD about everything, but if one thing in her apartment, the bookstore, even her mind she would go maniacal and would have to everything back in their own and original place. Setting herself down on her opulent sofa and in front of the lighted fireplace, she was finally starting to forget all about the ochre brown curls and bosky green eyes. But then a thought occurred and she wondered, What is he doing right now? Was he asleep all alone or with his concomitant? Abhorrent. She had to stop  thinking about him and what he was doing with his time without him knowing she even existed. She never wanted him or anyone to know that she was a living, breathing human being. She was happy with her life being just her and only having May to keep her company too. Soon she fell asleep on her couch but still wanting to move to her comfortable bed while her eyelids shut on that frore night until the next morning of the day, saturday

        Loving to have the weekends off and catch up on her sleeping hours into the late morning and sometimes afternoons, but only on the weekends. Making herself a toasted bagel with almond butter and a mug filled with sugared, creamed, steaming white tea for breakfast, she ate it with no rush until there was a soft knock at her door. She padded over to the door and looked out the peep hole in the door but saw no one standing there. Looking at the clock, who would be awake at six thirty a.m.?, she vigilantly unbolted and freed the lock on the door from the frame of the door and looked out into the stygian hallway. Glancing left and then to the right, she was downright confused until she looked at the foot of her door and saw a scarf similar to the one that she had owned for quite sometime. She inspected it and could smell the aroma of her very own perfume she owned on the object. But then she found a small note attached to her scarf and she read the following words to herself, 

<    you dropped this in the elevator when you were in such a rush to get out of the presence of myself.
         I found it lying on the floor and figured that you would want it back so...here is your scarf back. - p.s. you have a lovely aroma to you, I could smell it radiating off of you in the elevator too. 

                                                until the next time we run into each other in the elevator or whenever you are going to repay me back in sugar, you know where to find me.     >

                                        - H. x

        She smiled to herself, who knew that this man would return something so priceless to him but ment so much to her at the same time. She hung her, now returned, scarf on the coat rack with her cream peacoat by the door and headed to her room to tape the note to her wall of sentimentals. She sticky noted, thumbtacked, taped, and even nailed things to her bedroom walls. She thought it was a way of putting her memories and important all together were she would be the only one to see them and no one would ever know about it. Taping the lopsided handwritten note to her wall, she felt a new part of her wall was going to begin and end in a matter of time. 

a.n.; 

        Im beginning to write my chapters alittle longer than the past few, just to get more detail and length done for future chapters !

but I hoped y'all enjoyed the chapter. (:
        until next time !

- M. x
        third of september, twenty-fourteen.
                thirty-five past eleven p.m. 

© fxckinstyles