010

s.c.; sam smith - latch (acoustic)

-=-

             *Outfit for interview on the side for computer users and top bar for mobile. 

april.

        She sat on her couch that saturday morning with a mug of tea in her hands while she watched the daily news on her television. They were talking about the warmer weather that will be spreading through the area in the next days coming up. She was getting excited to finally to start wearing skater skirts and cardigans. Her mind ran endlessly to useless topics then to him. She was still waiting for her reply from him, even tho it has only been less than twenty-four hours since she slid it underneath his apartment front door. She spent at least a couple of hours thinking if she would ever get a reply from him. When she last looked at the clock it read, ten-forty-four, it was now half past twelve in the afternoon. She thought that she has to go to work but remembered that May was not going to be in town for a month or two. She sighed that she will not be able to go to work for quite awhile in time. Maybe she could get another job while May was away for the time being. But where would she look? She thought to herself what she was good at doing. She loved to read and write, make sure everything was in it's place, and loved to be organized.

        She looked in the newspaper for any jobs that required anything that she was a perfectionist at. Nothing showed up, so she tried online and found one job that she was precarious about. It was a place for a wanted secretary at a large banking company, H.E.S. Incorporated. It did not require much but she was willing to give it a try and apply. She needed her résumé and birth certificate with her for the open interview. The more that she looked online at the job offer, she saw that it was in fact today at three in the afternoon. So she had about three hours till the interview. She decided that it would be best if she got ready now rather than later because she did not want to be late. Knowing that it was going to be in the city, which she lived about forty minutes outside of, she had to do it now.

        After showering completely from head to toe, she had to find an outfit to wear. She barely owned anything high-statement clothes, but still pulled together a good looking outfit that fit her personality and style.  By the time she was finished, she looked at the clock and read, one-twenty-one. She called for a cab since she still refused to by a car after what happened in her early years of a child. The cab arrived approximately fourteen minutes after she called for its service. She made sure that she had everything on her before she left her apartment, house keys, purse, peppermint gum, her latest novel being read, sticky notes, her résumé, and a copy of her birth certificate. She was ready for her interview and was a fussy mess in the back of the cab. She felt uneasy being in any type of moving vehicle but she knew it would not be a long drive into the city. 

        Before she realized it, she was in the loud and mobbed city of people and cars around her. The cab driver pulled over to the curb of a sky rise building. She thanked the man quietly and payed him for the fee owed. Standing on the sidewalk of the tall building was a sight to her. A chilly breeze went her way and she shivered on the spot, hugging her peacoat even closer to her body. She only been to the city only a exiguous amount of times. She felt so out of her comfort zone and walk so nervous as it is already. Hearing the cab pulling away from her and into the herd of more cabs passing by without even glancing her way, she walked slowing to the front of the alpine building and through the spiraling door in her white heels. What she say was very extraordinary before her very eyes. The interior of this building was very sleek and modern.

        To the crisp white walls, black tiled floor, and black leather seating throughout the open ground floor plan. Painting of the city on the walls, possible plaques hanging on the walls behind the reception desk. She saw a women, sitting behind the tall desk, possibly typing away on her keyboard. Her heels made noises that made her cringe to herself, the lady noticed her approaching. She gave the lady a faint smile, the lady whom had a name tag on the read, Allison, smiling back at her. 'What can I do for you miss?' 'Uhm..I...I am here for the interview for a secretary place.'  She gave Allison a nervous smile once again and looked down at her white heel and noticed a few scuffs along the sides of them. 'Oh, of course miss, just take the elevator to level sixty-seven.' She thanked her and Allison nodded towards her and resumed to type away on her keyboard. 

        She entered the elevator and noticed there were ninety-six floors on this building, it was like a deer in headlights for her for a few moments. But she ended up pressing the button of floor sixty-seven and watched Allison disappear. After just a few moments the elevator dinged her designated floor. There was another girl behind a desk on this floor and she yet again approached her with caution. The girl, Maria, nodded her way and asked if she needed help. 'Yes please...I am looking for whom is holding the interviews on this level?' She told her and she said to just take a seat and wait until her number was called. Maria handed her a number, twenty-one, and she sat down into a leather love seat and waited for her number to be called. 

        She sat there, waiting while her heels  were on the floor, her cadaverous color legs were tucked underneath her skirt in a comfortable sitting position on the couch while finishing her latest novel, The God of the Hive by. Laurie R. King. Her number was finally called after a millennium, she got up from her seat and slid back into her heels as she stood at a solid five foot six. Maria gave her smile and told her to follow her. She lead her to two big, melanoid wooden doors and gave her a quick 'good luck', then walked away in her skyscraper heels. All she thought was, 'how?', shaking her head of those useless thoughts, she rapped her knuckles on the wood and waited. She heard a low voice, 'Enter.', she walked through the double doors and closed them silently and stayed in front of the doors with her head hung low. It was silent until she heard the baritone voice speak to her with a hard tone, 'Sit down.' He barked in authority to her. She did not wait another second and quickly walked and sat in one of the armchairs in front of the ebony desk. He asked her if she had her résumé with her and she nodded, not daring to speak, and handed it to him in which she grabbed from her shoulder bag before hand. 

        She heard the rustling of the few papers, she only did so much work from the age of sixteen till now. It was not much, but was enough for her to work at the bookstore which was her safe haven indeed. She kept her head hung low until she heard silence and look up at him. She saw that is was a very older man then her, his desk plate read, Ruxin Novak, VP. She glanced at him and had chills down her spine but these were chills of fear, not heated chills. She looked at him with wide eyes, but stayed silent until he spoke again. 'I will be sending your résumé to the CEO, I have a good feeling about you, Miss...' He looked down at the copy of her birth certificate, '...Hawthourne. I wish that will be back tomorrow for the next part of your interview with the CEO?' He gave her a sweet smile and lowered his voice towards her innocent nature. She gave him a genuine smile for once and a nod, 'Yes, sir.' She said the man behind the desk. He gave her a nod and filed her résumé and birth certificate copy in his desk drawer. 

        She left the man in his office and walked back to the elevator. She pressed the down arrow key and waited for the sound to chime. The elevator arrived no more than a minute later, she stepped into the elevator and pressed the button. It was her and once other man in the elevator, but he was typing away on his cellphone, too busy to notice her presence anyway. The elevator stopped on the ground and she walked out of the elevator, her natural, mahogany curls swaying back and forth with every step taken as she made her way back to the curb, full of cab waiting for passengers. She felt someone staring at the back her, making her body burn with embarrassment. She walked faster towards the door, while walking faster she turned her head toward Allison at the front desk and they both gave each other a warm smile and then looked away from each other. Walking out the spirling door, she still felt someones burning stare behind her. But she did not dare to look, then it would just raise her to a burning red of bashfulness. 

a.n.;

                I am SO sorry that I have not updated in a week...oopies

                        School got in the way, but anyways..

**And the name, Ruxin Novak, is from one of my favorite books here on Wattpad, "Loving Blackmail" by the user of kylekay. Love it, totally recommend it.

                        - until next time..

          - M. x

                        twenty-eighth of september, twenty-fourteen

                                one a.m.

© fxckinstyles