012

s.c.;  josh woodward - i'm letting go

-=-

april.

        Beep...eep...Beep. Her alarm clock goes off at five-thirty a.m. sharp. She groaned for the first time ever for waking up at that time in the morning. She was tossing and turning all night from all of the thoughts running through her mind of her first day tomorrow at her new job. The sound finally emphatically ended from her hand pounding on the vexatious object on her night stand. She languidly got up from her warm bed and walked across the cold hardwood floors to her bathroom. After showering, and all that other good stuff to do in the morning, she made herself some hot white tea with sugar and a dash of milk. She sighed in contentment after her first sip of the drink. She made her way to her closet and chose out an outfit at random. Having the price tags still on the clothes, that she never made an effort to wear, she chose a black faux leather skater skirt, a loose grey top, and an army green colored blazer on top. But completing the outfit by pairing it with her shoulder bag and fringed ankle booties.

        By the time she was done, it was three past six a.m. She then called for the cab service that she would be having to do everyday from now on. Hopefully she would not go bankrupt with all of these cab fares and fees. After a fast and no traffic-filled trip to the office, she arrived twenty minutes later.  She only had less than fifteen minutes to get to the ninety-sixth floor, she picked up her pace at that thought in mind. She looked to the clock hanging on the wall above the wall and read six-fourty-one. She then let out a breath of air that she did not know she was holding and began to relax. But then she did not know what to do, so she awkwardly  took a seat in the waiting lobby for someone else to show up.

        As soon as the clock stuck six-forty-five, the elevator dinged and a dozen people came out a once. She did not know who any of these people were so she took her gaze back to her book in front of her.  Then a pair of polished leather shoes came into her vision. She slowly looked up at the person in front of her. She realized it the man from a couple of days ago, Ruxin Novak. He gave her a small smile and spoke to her, 'Goodmorning Miss Hawthourne.' 'Goodmorning Mr. Novak', she replied quickly and almost to quietly. He told her that the boss was not going to in until later that morning but was instructed to tell her the appointments of the day. 'He usually comes in around nine to ten a.m. but no later than that.' He hands her an agenda and a stack of a half-dozen manila folders. 'He would like you to go through these and see what and how they would benefit the company. The agenda is for his daily schedule like meetings, trips, and ectetera.' She gave him a quick nod of understanding, but he continued on, 'Now let me show you to your work area.' She nodded again and followed him into the hallway that led to the familiar atramentous double doors. But stopped right in front and there was a large L-shaped to the left of the doors. She walked behind the desk and found that there was already a laptop sitting in center of the desk and everything from pens to pencils, and more organization things were there. She smiled to herself as she sat down in the comfy chair behind her desk. 'You have to do all the work done by the time he arrives and already on his desk of your personal choices but do not get rid of the others you do not like, he may her a different opinion than yours, alright?' 'Yes sir.'

        She was on the final manilla file and was already a couple minutes past eight when she heard footsteps coming down the hallway. She did not look up from the file and continued to do the work in front of her. Then she heard the double doors open and slam shut with a force, that shook the art of the wall to shake with it. She had known so much about mathematics, that she was shure she wanted to be a math teacher for her life. She spent her freshman and sophomore years study calculus and trigonometry but she chose to be a journalist and write in her later college years.  So she did not have a problem of figuring out what the files had to do with. She figures that expanding the company to different countries would be a good idea in the future. So she chose only one out of the six given to her. She decided to check her bosses agenda for any upcoming meetings later in the day. After checking and took notice that he had a meeting at ten a.m. and another at three p.m. She then got up from her desk taking the one file with her and the agenda to tell him the schedule of the day.

        Giving some force to the heavy onyx door, she made her way to the front of her boss's desk and spoke softly, 'I have gone through the files that you had given to me to do, and I have only chosen one for you and you have a meeting in less than an hour and another one at three p.m. Is there anything else I can do for you?' As she set the file in the center of his desk and backed up to her spot. She waited for his reply as he did not turn his chair around from the skyline behind him but he then spoke up, 'Thank you Miss Hawthourne and I do not need you as of now, you may take a twenty minute lunch break.' She thanked him and walked back to the door, but he spoke to her as her hand was on the handle of the door. 'And Miss Hawthourne...' She turned around at the sound of her name. '... I enjoyed you letter eminently.' He then turned around his chair and smirked at his new young secretary. Her eyes were like a dear in headlights. It was him.

a.n.;

                I hoped y'all enjoyed the chapter.

                        I decided to give this story a CEO twist but it will only be for a few chapters or so. ;)

       Until next time.

        - M. x

                        fourth of october, twenty-fourteen.

                                thirty-eight past one a.m.

© fxckinstyles