015

s.c.; coldplay - a sky full of stars

-=-

may.

        To say he looked furious was an understatement. He was infuriated and had eyes that could kill. The verdant jade iris is completely gone, covered over with his dilated pupil. His shoulders are square and intimidating to his height and fit body. 'Miss Hawthourne.'  His voice was laced in fury but still remained calm, but this was never a good thing. 'You are late today..Why?' She wanted to cower away into the corner and to never be seen again. 'Traffic was bad.' She spoke as she looked up at him due to a height disadvantage. His eyes relaxed a little, but still remained some what of a stone cold glare. 'Get to work.' Was all that he said as her turned back down the hallway and to his office. She heard the heavy door slam from the elevator, such power. She hurried to her desk and gasped when she walked up to it. She saw over two dozen files lying on the edge of her desk. How in the world was she suppose to finish all of this in one day? Then she saw a sticky note on the top of the stack of files, 

        Hawthourne,

                Go through and organize these files in your desk. I want all of them read, checked, highlighted important points, and then a copy set on my desk at the end of the day.

                                        H. Styles

He was not serious, was he? How does he expect her to finish all of these files by seven p.m. She looked at the clock it was a quarter after seven. She better get started or she will never get done. 

        After six hours of tedious highlighting, checking, and highlighting, she was only two away from being done. But then she remembered she also had to copy and set all the copies on his desk to go through, then she also had to file them in alphabetical order in her desk. She groaned in frustration, she only had six more hours of work left. She was too busy zoning out that she dropped her orange highlighter on the floor underneath her desk. She slid her chair back and got on her hands and knees to pick it up. She was about to reach it, but heard a low moan and groan behind her. She quickly picked up the highlighter and rushed to stand back up, but hit the back of her head on the desk top as doing so. She stood up straight and turned around to find her boss in the door frame of his office. She spoke to him quickly, 'I am sorry Sir, did you need something?'  There was a good moment of pure silence as he stared at her, but regained his composure right after. 'Yes I do need you to get me something. I need those files quickly as in right now, Hawthourne.' He said so smoothly it sent a chill up her spine and she breathed in uneasily. She nodded and handed him the uncopied files, but he did not notice and turned back to his office, but spoke before he did so, 'And one more thing, Miss Hawthourne.' She turned her head to look at him slightly, 'I would get a longer skirt if I were you, you would not want to be flashing anyone who comes into my office, Now would you?' He smirked and shut the door quickly after. She gasped and pulled her skirt down, but it would not budge. She knew that she should of never wore anything of this, it was completely out of her comfort zone.

        But she thought to herself, Why would he tell me this? Did he make that low groan that she heard from behind her? She thought over these questions and told herself that she was to quit as soon as possible. She did not like a man to be staring at her without her noticing, she felt uncomfortable now. Her stomach grumbled, she noticed that she missed lunch and decided to take the opportunity now. So she left a note saying she will be out and will be back in the next half hour at most. 

* * *

        He was pacing in his office. Why in the world would he so open to her. She was so innocent and pure in his eyes. He thought that he now scared her off and she would be quitting soon. But he did not want that to happen. He thought and paced around his office until he came up with something for her to stay longer. Then he finally thought of something, he was so forgetful about his uncoming trip this weekend. He would be gone for atleast two or three weeks at most. He had important business to attend to in a future upcoming project of setting up another corporation building outside of the country. He would be taking his secretary with him, he thought this was brilliant and wanted to tell her right away. He opened the door to his office and did not see the familiar set of brunette waves sitting at the desk, but none other than her sticky note. He did keep her from her lunch, so he let it slip this time, she was just getting used to the environment of the office. But he was smiling at the thought of finally getting some alone time with her. He wanted to know everything and every single detail about her life. But not in a creepy boss way, but more of like a friend getting to know one another. He returned to his office and waited for her to return.

* * *

        She returned five minutes before she said she would. She set her bag on the floor and threw the stick note away. She did not know what to do, so she got out her latest book and started reading. But it was not for long until the office door opened again. He spoke instantly, 'Do you have plans this weekend?' What? No hello or welcome back. She shooked her head no in reply. 'Good because you are coming on a business trip with me, no arguement about it, Understood?' She nodded and looked down, but thank god she did not have a pet at home to take care of. He nodded and returned back inside his office, she was left confused and bewildered while he was grinning from ear to ear.

a.n.; 

        Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter, and thank you for the fan art. Very beautiful and simple. <3

    NOTE: The (* * *) is my way of quickly changing the point of view.

         But until next time.

- M. x

                                twelve of october, twenty-fourteen.

                                        fourteen past eight p.m. 

© fxckinstyles