Part 2

Jungkook scowled as his hyungs fussed over the little hybrid, Seokjin rushing upstairs to run her a bath as Namjoon wet a cloth and dabbed it at a cut on her cheek while she sat on the counter before him. Her eyes flitted around the room nervously, her ears twitching at every sound as she gripped the edge of the counter top fearfully in her small hands.

Namjoon hadn't even greeted him yet, all of his attention focused on this strange hybrid. She seemed to be intentionally avoiding making eye contact with him, so Jungkook stared hard, not moving from his spot at the table.

"Hyung," he said, annoyed.

"Hm," Namjoon hummed distractedly, still cleaning the cuts on her face and looking over her arms and legs as well.

"Hyung!" Jungkook demanded again, frowning. His outburst caused the hybrid flinch in fear and the man to look at him suddenly as Jungkook scowled at them both. "You're late," he said.

"Yes Kookie, I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious why I was late, don't you think?" Namjoon said in annoyance, setting his cloth aside as he turned his attention back to the girl and gently began picking twigs from her hair. Her eyes slipped away from Jungkook and rested on Namjoon's face and she seemed to calm down as the older man smiled gently at her. Jin came down the stairs and into the kitchen, his face creased in worry.

"The bath is ready Joon, I can-" he said, reaching a hand out toward her but she flinched away from him, her eyes wide and terrified again as she scrabbled to grasp at Namjoon's shirt, scooting closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her soothingly.

"It's ok Jin, I'll take her," Namjoon said, lifting her again effortlessly and carrying her slowly from the room and up the stairs.

Jungkook stared after them in disbelief, Seokjin blinking in surprise as well, but shaking it off. The bunny felt his eyes brim with tears and his ears wilt, folding over as his shoulders slumped.

"What's the matter bun?" Jin asked, coming to rest a hand on his shoulder worriedly.

"J-Joonie didn't...he didn't say 'hi' to me...he didn't scratch my e-ears," he said, his bottom lip trembling.

"Aw, buddy don't worry," Seokjin cooed at him, reaching to scratch his ears himself. "He was a little distracted is all."

Jungkook nodded, finishing his milk slowly. He didn't like that little fox stealing away his hyung.

-

Namjoon carried her carefully up the stairs and into the bathroom to find the tub full of steaming, bubbly water. He set her down and rubbed the back of his head nervously as she wobbled on one foot.

"Uh...you probably need some help, don't you little one?" He said uncertainly. She blushed and nodded, avoiding his gaze. "Okay well...here," he said, stepping around behind her and steeling himself. "Arms up," he said and she raised her arms so he could peel the filthy dress off over her head. He was concerned to see that she was wearing nothing underneath, but he just looked away quickly and held his hand out so she could brace herself on it as she clambered into the tub. Once she had sat and the bubbles had risen to her shoulders he relaxed, sinking to his knees next to the tub.

She was blushing furiously, staring down into the water. He reached for a cloth and wet it, beginning to gently rub her back and shoulders, pushing her hair to the side for now in order to do so.

"Don't be afraid little one, I'll take care of you and I promise not to hurt you, alright?" He asked softly. She nodded but didn't say anything. He carefully washed her torso and arms before wiping the dirt from her face. He frowned at her small, pale body covered in bruises and scrapes. Most of the scratches appeared to be rather fresh, likely from her run in the woods, but there were bruises and scars on her back that couldn't have been from today. As he had her lean back so he could wet her hair he frowned in thought.