Part 18

Little one had fallen back to sleep and Jungkook snuck out of her room and hurried to where Seokjin was sitting in the living room.

"Hyung! I messed up," Jungkook said, pacing the floor in front of him and running his fingers through his hair.

Seokjin set down the magazine he was reading and raised an eyebrow at the bunny. "Go on Kook."

"Promise you won't be mad," Jungkook said, hopefully.

"I will not make that promise," Jin said, looking more worried.

Jungkook groaned, but took a deep breath and paused his pacing. "I...I kissed little one again."

"Jungkook!"

"I mean technically, technically she kissed me though. So I shouldn't get in trouble right?"

Seokjin's mouth was hanging open in surprise. "Well did you stop the kiss then?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well...no, I-"

"Jungkook, Namjoon is going to kill you," Seokjin said, pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes. Jungkook's eyes flew wide.

"Hyung, you can't tell him!" He begged, stepping closer to the couch. Jin sighed and dropped his arms to his sides.

"What do you want me to do Kook? I can't keep this from him. I didn't tell him about your crush in the hopes that it would go away but it's obvious that isn't the case. What happened after you kissed?" He asked.

"She...she said we should pretend it didn't happen," Jungkook said, frowning. "But I don't want to pretend it didn't happen! I want to do it again! And again after that and - when I think about her my face gets hot," he said, beginning to pace again and pressing the backs of his hands against his cheeks. "And sometimes when I look at her I can't breathe and I - I think about her all the time and I...I don't know what to do hyung!" Jungkook cried, clutching the fabric of his shirt over his chest.

Seokjin sighed. "I'm sorry bun, but we're going to have to tell Namjoon. It sounds like you have actual feelings for her, not just a little crush. I...I wonder how she feels though..."

Jungkook had been too focused on himself to think about how she felt until that very second. "Oh...oh no. She doesn't like me back," he said, dropping into a squat, his face slack in horror. "She ran away when I confessed that I had a crush...she said we should pretend we hadn't kissed...hyung what do I do?" He asked, looking up at Seokjin. The older reached out and scratched his ears gently.

"Oh, bun. I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves..."

"Will you ask her hyung? I mean...you know, don't tell her I wanted to know just..." Jungkook was asking eagerly, his big eyes opened impossibly wider, his bunny ears perked straight up. Seokjin sighed.

"I don't know Kook."

"Okay well just...you know maybe if I come up naturally in conversation," Jungkook tried again. He suddenly froze, his ears twitching and looked to the door. He took off then, scurrying up the stairs and to his bedroom. Moments later Namjoon was coming through the door and heading into the kitchen. Seokjin stood and went to greet him.

"Hey babe," Namjoon said, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. "How is she?" He asked.

Seokjin sighed. "She's fine Namjoon - well, I assume she's fine, I haven't checked on her for a few hours. Jungkook said she was sleeping. But I need to talk to you about something."

Namjoon frowned. "Let me check on her first."

Seokjin sighed deeply as Namjoon headed out of the room. He opened the door to her room and poked his head in, seeing her curled up on the bed, her big brown eyes focused on the screen of the laptop in front of her. She perked up when she saw him, a small smile coming across her face.