Part 13

She did feel better the next day, but they still felt like it would it would be safest if Jungkook was out of the house so he went to hang out with Taehyung and she stayed home with Seokjin. Namjoon left early that morning while she was still sleeping and she was pouting in her room after realizing he wasn't home.

Seokjin knocked softly on her door and then poked his head in.

"Good morning little one. Come downstairs and help me with breakfast?" He asked. She nodded and dutifully climbed down from the bed and followed him down to the kitchen. "Well, since it's just the two of us, what would you like to eat for breakfast? We can make anything," he said with a smile, placing his hand tentatively between her ears. She smiled.

"Ice cream?" She asked hopefully. He chuckled.

"We can have any real food. No dessert for breakfast."

She pouted briefly, blinking her big eyes around the kitchen.

"Um...I don't know. We always just had porridge for breakfast at the facility," she said shrugging.

"Do you want porridge?" Jin asked, tilting his head. She shrugged again.

"Your food tastes better than everything at the facility," she mumbled, making Jin smile.

"Let's not have porridge then. Jungkook hates French toast but I love it and he's not here," he said, dropping to a whisper at the end of the sentence as he opened the fridge.

She giggled in excitement and watched with wide eyes as he pulled out eggs and milk, fetching the bread as well. He reached down a bowl and put a pan on a burner. He glanced at her and smiled as he suddenly lifted her, sitting her on the edge of the counter. She giggled again and swung her feet a little and he put the bowl in her lap and handed her an egg, demonstrating how to crack it into the bowl. She mimicked him and frowned when she got some shell in the bowl but he just scooped it out and splashed in a little milk. Then he dug in the cabinet and came out with a little bottle of cinnamon, opening the lid for her to smell before sprinkling a little into the bowl. Her eyes lit up at the scent and he handed her a whisk, showing her the correct movement to beat the eggs. She stuck her tongue out the side of her mouth, concentrating as she stirred like he said. He praised her and put some butter in the hot pan before getting some bread out and dipping the slices into the egg mixture. She watched with interest as he transferred the soaked bread to the pan, handing her a spatula as he got some berries and syrup out of the fridge. He let her flip the bread and she stared in interest at the way it had browned on the bottom.

When everything was finished he plated their toast and topped each with berries and syrup before lifting her down from the counter. She giggled and accepted the plate he passed her, sitting down at the table to eat it.

"You're a good helper little one," he said, smiling at her between bites. She blushed, looking down at her toast and smiling happily.

"This is so yummy," she squealed, shoving another bite into her mouth, her cheeks puffing out as she chewed cutely.

"You made it," Jin said with a chuckle. She suddenly stopped chewing, her eyes blinking wide open.

"I - I did make it. I made yummy food," she said, wiggling excitedly. Jin couldn't help the huge smile that spread over his face.

"After breakfast we'll get the kitchen cleaned up, and you can get showered and dressed and then we're going to make homemade pasta for everyone's dinner tonight," he said, leaning toward her over the table. She squealed excitedly and hurried to finish her food.

-

Jungkook lay on his stomach on Taehyung's bed, watching the dog hybrid as he sat on the floor playing video games. Tae's mouth hung open in concentration, his tail completely still on the floor beside him as he clutched the controller in both hands. Jungkook frowned. His ears cocked to the side, one folding over itself as he thought.