Part 17

All worries from the night before flew from Namjoon's head when he went in to wake little one up the next day. She had the blanket pulled up to her chin and she whimpered quietly when Namjoon tried to wake her. He frowned and pressed a hand to her forehead, jerking it back as she whined against the feeling of his cool fingers on her head. She kicked the blankets off.

"Oppa? I don't feel good," she said, frowning up at him, her eye still sleepy.

"Oh no," Namjoon said, quickly darting out of the room. "Seokjin! Can you come up here for a second!" He called. The men whispered together outside her door for a moment before Jin pushed Namjoon out of the way, shaking his head.

"No Joonie there's no way she's got her heat again already, it's a monthly cycle at the most. A lot of times it's seasonal for hybrids like little one, with a less domesticated animal," the older man said, hurrying into the room. The fox had tugged her blanket back up and was now shivering, her eyes squeezed closed and her teeth chattering.

"Oh..." Namjoon said, frowning.

Jin pressed his hand to her cheeks, forehead and neck, clicking his tongue. "Poor thing has a fever - she's sick. I'll stay home, you go on to work."

"Alright," Namjoon said. "How did she get sick? None of us have it..."

Seokjin shook his head. "She lived in that little facility most of her life...I'll bet her immune system just can't take what ours can. Don't worry, I'll take care of her."

"I know you will. Come here, I love you," he said, tugging the man's body against his. They kissed hard but briefly before Namjoon slipped out of the room, headed off to work.

"Soup little one?" Seokjin asked her quietly. She just whined in response so he headed out of the room and down to the kitchen where Jungkook was sitting at the table eating breakfast. He got some soup out of the fridge and heated it up, pouring a glass of water as well.

"Where's little one hyung?" Kook asked, his cheeks puffed out cutely with his mouth full of food.

"She's sick, so I'm going to take her some soup."

"Sick?" Jungkook asked. "What kind?"

"Just a fever," Jin replied, getting out some medicine as well.

"So can I keep her company later?" the bunny asked, hopefully.

"Hmm I don't know bun - I don't want you to get sick too," Seokjin said frowning.

Jungkook wilted. "But...I don't want her to be all alone all day."

"Later then," Seokjin relented, heading out of the room with his hands full. He had never been able to deny Jungkook when he pouted like that.

When little one had finished her soup and taken her medicine Jungkook knocked softly on her open door. He was holding a laptop and an extra blanket and looking hesitant. She looked up at him expectantly, her orange ears perking foreword.

"Hi fox. Um...do you want to watch a movie?" He asked. She nodded and scooted over on the bed, making room for him to sit next to her. He hurried over and crawled up next to her, situating the laptop on his knees and putting the blanket over their laps. He chose a movie and started it and she leaned closer to see the screen. He tensed when he realized how close she was to him, her thigh pressing against his and her shoulder nearly leaning into his side. "Are - are you comfortable?" He asked nervously. She glanced up at him and nodded. She shivered a few minutes later and he frowned at her.

"I'm c-cold," she said. He paused the movie and adjusted the blankets, tucking them around her more securely. Then he slowly and nervously slipped his arm around her shoulder and tugged her closer to him, rubbing his hand up and down her arm comfortingly.

"I - I'll keep you warm little fox," he said. She hummed in appreciation of his warmth and snuggled against him, resting her head on his shoulder. It was all Jungkook could do to make himself breathe, his heart pounding against his ribcage. He couldn't believe how close she was and how weird it was making him feel. About halfway through the movie there was a funny scene and he chuckled at it but didn't feel her react so he glanced down at her. His breath caught in his throat.

Her head was resting against his shoulder still, tilted back a bit so that her face was angled right up at him. Her lips were parted and her eyes were closed, her cheeks dusted pink from her slight fever. Jungkook bit his lip and looked away quickly, taking deep breaths. His shifting made her stir though and he looked back down as she closed and reopened her mouth, licking her lips, her eyelids fluttering. He was staring at her, their faces barely inches apart when she opened her eyes softly. She stared right back into him and her eyes slowly drifted down to his lips. He licked them nervously. She arched her neck just enough and Jungkook felt her lips softly brush against his. He inhaled in shock when she kissed him but his eyelids fluttered shut and he tried to remember what he had learned from Taehyung. All he could manage however was to bring his hand up and softly cup her cheek, pressing his lips more firmly against hers as he did so and tightening his arm around her shoulder.

She let out a little breathy gasp when he began to move his lips against hers and he quickly pulled back, looking down at her in fear. "I - I'm sorry fox, I-" but she cut him off, raising her head off his shoulder and kissing him again. This time it was his turn to gasp in surprise when her hand drifted to his chest and her little fingers held his shirt and her lips moved against his. He slid his hand over her back and tugged her body closer to his, kissing her deeply. It was amazing. It was infinitely better than kissing Tae had been and he couldn't explain why it was just - something about the way her soft lips felt against his, the way she tasted, the way she smelled from this close - the way her small frame felt in his arms and the way her breathy gasps felt made him crave more and more.

But far too quickly she pulled back. Jungkook's eyes flew open and searched hers as he breathed deeply, but she looked just as confused and shocked as he did. "Oh no," she whispered, her hand still resting on his chest, her eyes staring into his.

"Fox," he said softly, but she pulled back from him a bit, removing her hands from him and scooting to put a tiny bit of space between them.

"Let's...let's just pretend it didn't happen," she said, looking at her lap.

Jungkook frowned deeply, looking down at his hands in his lap.

"I don't think I can..." he whispered.