Part 7

"Jungkook, I'm taking little one shopping. We need to get clothes and stop by the hybrid supply store, would you like to come?" Namjoon asked, poking his head into Jungkook's bedroom once he had changed to go out. The bunny nodded enthusiastically, standing quickly and tugging on a jacket and shoes as he hurried down the stairs. Namjoon chuckled and went to fetch the fox, bringing her along. She had changed into a different set of clothing, but this shirt and pants combination swamped her as well, all three men being much taller and broader than her.

Seokjin came as well and the four of them headed out to get some clothing that would fit her first. They wandered into a department store, heading for the section with young women's clothing. She was clinging tightly to Namjoon's hand, her wide eyes taking in everything around them, her ears tilted back slightly in general fear. When they reached the section the older men found it larger than they expected and glanced around hesitantly.

"Alright little one...what would you like to wear? You can choose anything," Namjoon said, gesturing to the racks of clothes. Her eyes were as wide as ever and she glanced up at him, shaking her head silently. Jungkook just sighed and snatched her hand, tugging her gently away from Namjoon and into the racks, grabbing things that he knew were in style, holding them up to her to judge the size and then passing them to Seokjin. He would murmur quietly to her every now and then, asking her to choose a color or between two designs, small, specific questions that wouldn't overwhelm her when her senses were already overstimulated. When they had a decent collection of clothing including some comfortable things to sleep in and undergarments which Jungkook had glanced away from, blushing while she shyly chose things that looked comfortable and put them in the basket, as well as a couple pairs of shoes, they paid and left.

"We're going to the hybrid store next, right? Little one needs a collar," Jungkook said, glancing between everyone. Namjoon and Seokjin had observed him quietly as he helped her choose clothing, quickly dropping her hand as soon as the task was complete and shuffling away from her. She looked at him in interest at his words, her eyes catching on the royal blue collar he wore around his neck, a silver tag with Jin's information hanging from it.

"I - I get a collar?" She asked, turning her hopeful eyes on Namjoon, her lips parted uncertainly.

"You do," he confirmed, smiling at her and ruffling her ears. She broke into a smile as well and this time Namjoon wasn't the only one to get to see it. Seokjin melted at her cute grin, reaching out to ruffle her ears himself, a fond expression falling onto his features. Jungkook's eyes widened and he blushed, looking quickly away from her pretty smile.

At the hybrid supply store Namjoon led her to the collar section and helped her choose. She selected a soft orange leather band that matched her fur nicely and they had a tag made with Namjoon's information. She wore it happily out of the store, a little spring in her step as they walked down the sidewalk with her hand in Namjoon's.

Namjoon chewed his lip worriedly as they headed home. He wanted to officially adopt her, but he didn't think he would be able to. He doubted she was registered in the system at all, and even if she was they didn't know her name so they would never be able to find her. And what if she was in the system but would be returned to the facility she came from if they tried to adopt her...it would just have to be unofficial for now.

"Hyung, can we get ice cream?" Jungkook piped, tugging on Namjoon's sleeve. He knew that if he asked Jin the man would just tell him to check with Joon anyway, so he figured he would skip that step.

"We had ice cream last night bun," the man chuckled, but he noticed the way little one had also perked up at the mention of the dessert and he relented, ruffling Jungkook's ears and nodding. "But alright, we can go to the ice cream parlor."

Jungkook cheered and a little smile came to little one's face as well as she watched the bunny's excitement. They entered the shop and Jungkook ran straight to the counter. The workers all knew him and were happy to see their favorite hybrid.

"Hello Kookie! Two scoops of strawberry with hot fudge and sprinkles?" The girl behind the counter asked. Jungkook nodded enthusiastically and she chuckled as she prepared his order.

"What flavor would you like little one?" Namjoon asked the girl softly. She was peering into the case curiously and just blinked her big eyes at him in response. She pointed toward the vanilla uncertainly, the white bucket being the only one she was familiar with.

"No, don't get vanilla, we have that at home. Get something else!" Jungkook said as the employee passed him his dish.

"But - but I don't know what..." the fox said uncertainly, looking at Jungkook.

"Would you like to sample anything sweetheart?" The employee said with a smile. Jungkook looked between them and nodded.

"Can she sample everything?" He asked excitedly. The fox perked up at this idea, turning her hopeful gaze to Namjoon for permission. He chuckled, looking to the employee.

"I would actually really appreciate it if you would do that - I'll pay for it of course."

"Of course not Mr. Kim - you guys come in all the time, its the least I could do for your new hybrid," she said with a smile. She grabbed a handful of sample spoons and began loading each with a different flavor and passing them over the counter one at a time for the little fox to taste. She would take the littlest bite and then hand the spoon to one of the men to finish, reacting cutely to each new flavor she tried. Jungkook watched as he ate his own ice cream and couldn't help the smile that stuck to him at the little faces she made.

When she had tried them all and Jungkook had finished they headed out happily for home. "Well? Which one was your favorite?" The bunny asked, the question very serious.

She thought for a moment. "They were all yummy but...I liked chocolate the best," she said with a grin. "A-and I want some of the stuff that was on yours next time!" She said, turning excitedly to the bunny.

"Hot fudge? Chocolate on chocolate?" He laughed, flicking her ear playfully. Jungkook and his friends always teased each other like this, but she was new to it. Namjoon and Seokjin watched nervously for her reaction but she just widened her eyes slightly before reaching out and doing it right back, her tiny finger flicking his long, soft ear. Jungkook just giggled and danced out of her reach so she couldn't do it again as they reached their home together.

 Jungkook just giggled and danced out of her reach so she couldn't do it again as they reached their home together

-

Felt like time for a purely cute chapter.

Plus if you read Colder Kitten you need it with the torture you've gotten there lately...