Part 28

You woke up to a sharp pain in your arm and a slight burning as something entered your vein, your eyes flying open in panic. No. You were back. The white walls and floor and ceiling of the facility surrounded you, the bright lights and the absence of color pressing against your eyes oppressively. Your breathing began to pick up as your eyes flickered around the room before they landed on the doctor.

It wasn't the one that came to the Kim's house that day, when you had run to hide in the bathtub. That had been just one of many doctors in the facility. This was a different doctor. It was the doctor. The one who ran the facility.

The hybrid.

He was perfectly proportioned and he stood in the middle of the room surveying you with his hands in his pockets as the orderly released your arm and backed away. He tilted his head to the side and blinked his enormous brown eyes at you, a pout playing at his perfect pink lips. He had dyed white blonde hair that was parted down the middle and fell in waves over his forehead. His striped tabby ears poked out of it, the left one damaged, a triangular cutout missing from it. His long striped tail swished languidly behind him. He drew in a breath as he considered you, sighing softly.

He had a pale heart shaped face and a delicate, perfectly straight nose. He was beautiful. And he was terrifying. His voice came out in a melodic lilt when he finally spoke to you. (A/n - if you're gonna guess do it now)

"Ah, our prodigal fox, returned," he said, smiling as he spoke. "We missed you terribly. I missed you," he said, stepping toward you slowly. He clicked his tongue, looking down at you on the bed.

You couldn't really move - whatever they had drugged you with made you feel sluggish and dizzy so you just blinked up at him from where you lay curled on your side, your body quivering slightly in fear. He approached you slowly, his hands still in his pockets.

"Tsk. Your hair, you've ruined it," he sighed, tilting his head. "We'll have to fix that right away of course. And it looks like you're getting fat...oh fox, what have you done with all my HARD WORK?" He suddenly screamed the last two words, making you flinch and shake, your breath coming in gasps. Your heart was pounding almost painfully hard, your breathing labored as your wide eyes looked up at him in fear. He sighed, his face immediately returning to its previously calm state. He snapped his fingers and an orderly ran over, quickly jabbing you with a needle and plunging down the injector. You felt your heart rate slow to normal and your lungs relax as breathing immediately became easier.

"Such a delicate thing," he sighed. "Is that better my love?" He asked. You were silent and he stood patiently. Waiting.

You finally took a shallow breath and looked down. "Yes Dr. Yoon," you whispered.

He clicked his tongue again, reaching down to softly stroke a finger along your pointed ear, pushing his lips out into a pout. "Darling, didn't I tell you to call me Jeonghan?" He asked.

"Yes Jeonghan," you whispered.

"Good girl," he said, a dark grin suddenly splitting his face.

-

Jungkook stood in the woods, panicking. He held his phone to his ear, crying into it.

"Jungkook, I can't understand you, you need to calm down," Seokjin's voice was yelling through the speaker.

"F-fox fox is fox is g-gone," Jungkook sobbed, sniffling, tears running down his face as he paced the forest floor.

Namjoon grabbed the phone out of Seokjin's hand and spoke calmly into it. "Alright bun, this is what I need you to do for me, are you listening?" His deep voice said, the tone helping soothe Jungkook's panic a bit.