Part 33

You woke in the early hours of the morning, drenched in sweat, gasping for breath. Fire licked up your veins, roiling in your stomach and burning from the inside. Your heat was here and something about these last injections had made it worse than usual.

You ached for a mate and you didn't care who.

You whined loudly, stretching and rolling your muscles, kicking all the blankets from the bed. You could barely focus your eyes on the door when you heard it open. Dr. Yoon poked his head in, inhaling sharply and staggering a step into the room as if something physically pulled him toward you.

"Jeonghan," you whined, letting your eyes close again. "Please - I need - you," you panted, squirming on the bed, squeezing your thighs together. Everything hurt and in this moment you couldn't register the fact that Jeonghan was a monster who had done terrible things to you - all you knew was that he was a man and you were in unbearable pain. He grinned with excitement and stepped closer.

"Oh, you're ready, excellent! But not for me pet. That wouldn't be helpful would it, a cat and a fox. No I've got something better. You know I've been trying for years to find a good bunny hybrid since the tragic accident with the last one. And I think I've finally found the perfect specimen," he said, grinning. He intended to walk away then, but you could see that something about the way you smelled on your heat made his feet stick to the floor, like his body was physically preventing him from moving away from you. He closed his eyes and curled his hands into fists and forced himself to walk out of the room and shut the door.

You whined again loudly as he left, needing to be touched, needing the burning in your veins to go away. It hurt so bad, like fire inside you and you knew that if you were mated it would be gone like it had always worked before. You watched him go angrily - you hated him and you hated yourself for wanting him but you knew it was just these stupid pheromones and that you would take anything right now. He turned on the other side of the door and glanced back at you looking excited before disappearing.

-

"Come on bunny, rise and shine! Remember that little job I told you about? It's time! I think you're the perfect candidate for a special program I'm working on. And I think you're going to like it! All I need from you is for you to go into a room and do whatever your instincts tell you to once you're there. Got it?" Dr. Yoon asked. Jungkook nodded, yawning and rubbing his eyes sleepily.

His nose twitched and his eyes flew to Dr. Yoon. He had recently been with little one - and she was in her heat. Jungkook could smell her scent lingering on him. What the hell kind of program was he working on? Was he really back to trying to breed her again even though she just got here? Jungkook felt sick at the thought. They needed to get out today, there couldn't be a delay.

"Okay Doctor," he replied calmly, nodding.

"Good," Dr. Yoon said. "Follow me."

He led Jungkook to the room he had seen little one through before. There was a door that led to a small exterior lab room with equipment and then a second door that led to her room. Jungkook glanced through the window to see her lying on her bed. Her face was flushed and she was breathing heavily through her open mouth, her clothing sticking to her damp skin, her orange ears pressed flat against her head. He thought her hair looked like it had recently been re-bleached and he felt a surge of anger thinking about how she had always complained that the bleaching burned.

"Alright bunny, in you go."

Jungkook turned to the doctor. "What - What do I do?" He asked him, feigning innocence and widening his eyes.

"Trust me bunny, you'll know what to do," the doctor chuckled, patting his shoulder and winking at him. It was all Jungkook could do not to recoil from his touch, but he needed the doctor to trust him.