Part 5

Namjoon sat her on a chair at the table once they got down to the kitchen and she straightened her hair nervously, her gaze dropped to her lap.

"Jungkook, I hear you yelled at little one and I think you owe her an apology," Namjoon said to the bunny and she blushed furiously, not looking up at them.

"What? I'm supposed to apologize? Hyung, she-"

"Now, Jungkook," he said, giving the boy a meaningful look. Jungkook scowled.

"M'sorry little fox," he mumbled. She glanced up at him, her cheeks pink and her eyes nervous and still a little puffy and Jungkook gave her a small smile, deciding he was a little sorry after all.

He understood her fear, he really did. Although Jungkook had been adopted by Seokjin's family at a young age, never having really experienced the hardships many hybrids did, he still empathized with them. He didn't know what she had been through, but he understood her on a more basic level - they were the same - she was just a little more animal than human compared to him at the moment. She quickly averted her eyes from his smile and returned her gaze to her lap.

Jin set the food before everyone, making sure to give her an extra large portion. She glanced at him quickly.

"Thank you mas- um...Seokjin," she said shyly. He smiled sadly at her.

"Eat a lot little one, you are skin and bones," he said softly, cautiously reaching to ruffle her ears as he had seen Namjoon do. She froze as he touched them but didn't flinch away, allowing his hand to glance over her ears softly as he went to sit at his own seat. When he had sat she nodded and dug in.

Master Seokjin's food was much tastier than anything she had eaten at the facility. She was a bit confused by the idea of food that tasted good - it was just meant to fuel their bodies, so there wasn't really any point - but she certainly wasn't complaining as steam curled up from her plate, the delicious smell wafting toward her.

Namjoon smiled fondly as he watched her eat, her cheeks puffed out cutely as she took big bites. He leaned over and scratched Jungkook's ears as the boy ate as well, planting a kiss between them. "Sorry about earlier bun," he said quietly to the boy.

"S'ok hyung," Jungkook mumbled with a mouth full of food, slightly embarrassed. When they were all finished Seokjin addressed the fox, smiling at her kindly.

"Would you like dessert little one?" He asked. Her eyebrows knotted in confusion and she glanced at Jungkook who widened his eyes meaningfully at her and nodded quickly.

"Y-yes?" She answered uncertainly, her eyes flickering from Seokjin to Jungkook, and the older men chuckled at the exchange.

"Clear the table Kookie, and I'll dish up some ice cream," Jin said and Jungkook quickly obeyed, collecting the plates and depositing them in the sink. Moments later the eldest placed a bowl in front of her with two scoops of creamy vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

"Hyung, you forgot sprinkles," Jungkook whined, and Seokjin smiled and obliged him, retrieving the shaker of rainbow sprinkles and shaking some over the bunny's ice cream. He held it over the fox's bowl as well.

"Would you like some?" He asked and she nodded uncertainly, watching in fascination as the colorful pieces rained over her bowl. She watched Jungkook eating happily and glanced over at Namjoon who was taking a bite as well and she tentatively sniffed at the substance before taking an experimental bite. She shivered at first as the cold cream came into contact with her tongue and then her eyes widened at the sweet, wonderful flavor. Namjoon and Seokjin were both watching her in amusement as she quickly went in for a second bite.

After dessert the men all went into the living room to watch a movie, Namjoon pulling her along by the hand. Seokjin and Namjoon sat on either end of the couch and Jungkook sprawled habitually between them, his legs tucked up next to him toward Namjoon and his head snuggled into Seokjin's side. She blinked at them uncertainly before Namjoon patted his lap, pulling her onto it. He grabbed a blanket and spread it over their laps as the movie began.

She blinked around the room at the quiet, comfortable men in confusion. She didn't understand this place. They were so kind - not just to each other, but kind to her as well. Namjoon held her gently in his lap, one hand on her back and the other on her knee. She looked up at him, his kind face soft and his interesting eyes focused on the screen. He felt her gaze on him though and he looked down at her.

"What is it little one?" He asked her softly.

"Why did you bring me here oppa?

He blinked in confusion. "What do you mean? You were hurt and alone. I'm happy to have you here," he whispered, rubbing her back softly. She blushed and burrowed into his chest, making him chuckle. The low sound vibrated against her cheek and she felt a smile spreading across her face involuntarily.

Namjoon knew she wasn't really watching the movie and he glanced down when he heard a tiny, cute snore from her nose, smiling at her fondly. He could carry her to the bed, but he chose to let her sleep in his lap until the end of the movie to hold her a little bit longer.

Jungkook was really Seokjin's hybrid. He had been adopted by the man's family as a child and raised in their home with Jin operating as his owner for years. When Namjoon and Seokjin moved in together it was a given that Jungkook would come too, and Namjoon cared for him as well - but as he looked down at the sweet face of the sleeping girl in his lap he couldn't help but hope that he might have his very own hybrid now.

-

Jungkook watched Namjoon looking at her. He didn't like it. Namjoon was his owner. He wanted both of his hyungs to himself and he was not willing to share. He might understand this new little fox...she might be the prettiest hybrid he had ever seen...but she would not take his Joonie away from him. No matter how cute it was when her big eyes blinked slowly and her pink lips parted in confusion - he scowled, shaking his head slightly to rid himself of those thoughts and scrunching his nose up in annoyance. She still smelled weird, anyway.

-

Seokjin watched Namjoon looking at her. He wasn't sure why, but for some reason he felt an uncomfortable tightening in his chest at the sight. He loved that his Joonie had such a big and caring heart, but were Jungkook and himself not enough? No, he wouldn't let himself be jealous of that sweet girl. He dropped his gaze to her, her face totally relaxed as she lay against Namjoon's chest. Seokjin's face softened and his chest relaxed as he looked at her innocence. He wondered briefly if Namjoon would want to keep her, but by the way the man was looking at her now, he knew there was no point wondering - he was sure he would.

 He wondered briefly if Namjoon would want to keep her, but by the way the man was looking at her now, he knew there was no point wondering - he was sure he would

-

Are you guys liking this one so far?

Thanks for reading! 🖤