The Fox And His Prey

It was a stormy night, with dark gray clouds swirling over the moon and stars causing the bustling city of New York to be plunged in darkness besides the artificial street lights. The streets were packed with cars honking and shouting pedestrians all insisting they were more important than the next guy. Trash and dirty laundry littered the side walk making it almost impossible to navigate and not step on something nasty. Rose, a young and blossoming SVU detective strolled casually down the street as if it was hers. Though tonight was different, instead of feeling bubbly and perky after a day of work and putting away the bad guy she felt disgusted and enraged. Despite catching the criminal and having a witness to the events he got away, again! William Lewis.. how did he do it? She ran a hand through her ruffled brunette hair which fell down in sloppy waves flowing over her curved shoulders like a waterfall. Drowsiness was dimming down her irritation at the noises around but she doubted that tonight would be any less restless then the others before. This case was certainly a haunting one... Even her senior detective and partner Olivia Benson seemed to really struggle with the guy. He got in her head so easily. Rose wasn't allowed in interrogation but as they were leading him out he sent her a charming smirk and a playful wink as if this was a totally normal thing to do. 

            The feeling she got when he gazed at her with those beautiful hazel eyes, it was a mixture of terror and disgust. It was as if he was a sly fox who had caught sight of it's prey and had started to stalk it. A shiver went down her spine just thinking about that look and she shut her eyes instinctively in an attempt to push his image out. It wasn't as if William was unattractive if anything he was completely gorgeous but that's what made people like him all the more dangerous. They lull unsuspecting and gullible women in with their good looks and charm' before pouncing. Rose now understood why her fellow detectives who had been on the job longer had a hidden haunted look in their eyes when the next victims comes in. So lost in her thoughts that the young brunette was taken by surprise when a brick wall of a body slammed into her petite form and she was almost knocked onto her ass but managed to get balanced last minute. She glanced up feeling a bit irritated only to lock them with those beautiful hazel eyes flickering with amusement and excitement. "Detective.. What a surprise.. We haven't had the opportunity to meet just yet have we?" His voice was smooth as caramel and a deep baritone rumble with a hint of danger within the tone that would draw any woman in with just the sound. Rose wasn't any woman however and she stumbled back tensing and on guard her eyes narrowing suspiciously and glancing at the building he had exited from. A rundown looking pub with shattered windows that had been hastily taped up and a bunch of douches sitting at the bar touching up on the waitresses. Her plump pink lips curled in revulsion and snapped her gaze back to the towering male. "You got off on pure luck got it?! Stay the hell away from me!" She stormed off past him purposely bumping her shoulder with his own and tried to dim down the shivers down her spine at the chorus of laughter he let out as she walked down the street. 

                  Once far enough away the detective pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Olivia biting down lightly at her lower lip causing a small nick which bubbled up with blood. 

R: Hey Olivia, listen may be a false alarm but I ran into William Lewis and I'm a bit worried. Could be a coincidence but I'm still a bit nervous. 

              Rose rested against the hard stone wall just at the curb looking down at the illuminated screen and fiddling with the side of the plastic case. All her muscles still immensely tensed and alert flinching at every noise and person who happened to pass by. Something about that guy, just set off red flags all over her body. Something was just.. fundamentally wrong that caused her body to scream to run. Shortly after the original message their was a soft ping and she glanced down at the bright phone to see a response from her partner. 

O: Are you sure it was him? If so don't risk it. Come down to the station or stay with someone else tonight. He is incredibly dangerous.

                She gazed down at the message for a few moments pondering whether to take her advice and decided it was best to just heed the warning. With her car being repaired and her sister's house too far away to walk to, she decided to head back to the station and sleep in the back room. Maybe speak to the Captain about the situation but that would probably be pushing the whole thing too far. It could have easily been an unhappy coincidence and their was no reason to send the whole station into a panic. The petite woman pocketed her phone in her jeans pocket and began to walk down the street again cutting through the crowd with great difficulty but living in New York for so long it wasn't all that difficult now. Luckily their was no sign of that animal.. and hopefully he took the hint and stayed away for his own good.. but reading that guys history it was probably not going to end well. Rose nipped at her already open lip feeling stressed out and sympathetic to victims of actual crimes. Nothing really happened to her and yet fear was raging within her heart. Completely unaware that across the street someone was watching with great interest. The one person who seemed to effect everyone in the SVU station and put fear in her heart. He smirked slipping into the shadows wondering if he had found the perfect prey.