Crash And Burn

It had been four weeks since the recent William Lewis attack and everything seemed to be going back to normal. Rose had gotten a therapist and was back to work feeling better then ever far more confident in her work. However today as she strolled to work she noticed a strange queasiness inside her stomach and she felt oddly dizzy but managed to make it inside. It was only her and Rollins who was fiddling with a strand of her blonde hair gazing at the computer screen. She glanced up from the lit up electronic and instantly looked concerned at her fellow detective. "Whoa Rose.. you ok?" She offered Rollins a weak smile sitting down at her own desk and running a hand through her hair swallowing back the vomit threatening to come up. It was so strange because recently she had felt so sick and her period was late which never happened before. "Ya, I've just felt really sick recently.. like I've thrown up almost every morning this week.." For a moment the two fellow detectives didn't say anything else but the brunette glanced over and saw that she looked torn between speaking. Curiosity began to surge and she was about to ask what was up when Rollins burst out. "Williams and his whole.. assault was five weeks ago right? And he didn't use protection?" At first she was confused on why this question was being brought up. Why did it matter if he had done what he done five weeks ago? That was behind her and he hadn't surfaced again. Then the question of protection, of course he hadn't.. then again she wasn't on the pill being a virgin and all. Realization hit her and she slid away from the desk feeling even more dizzy and disgusted. She had begun to hyperventilate when the blonde stepped over. "Don't panic! I have a pregnancy test you can take in the bathroom ok? Deep breaths." She nodded feeling a bit light headed and took the small plastic stick which felt cool in her hands walking towards the public bathroom. 

                    It was mostly empty since everyone wasn't in just yet the rows of metal stall doors ajar, some swung in completely and others with just a crack open. The dull gray cement roof above had two metal bright blue strip lights that barely provided enough light for people to see around but it was still rather dark inside a stall not that she minded. Slipping into a stall towards the back she hurriedly closed the door and sat down on the toilet too nervous to even care about if it was disgusting or not. Doing her business before swiftly stepping out to see Rollins waiting leaning against the wall and occasionally glancing outside to see if the coast was clear. She sent the detective a grateful smile and gently set the stick down on the side of a pristine white glass sink. Staring down in silence at the small gap of white in between the plastic praying that it would show one line. It had read on that box that two lines meant pregnant and one line meant not. What would she do if she was pregnant?! It wasn't as if William would be an acceptable parent for a child considering all he had done. Never mind how she would raise an infant as a single mom in a job that took up most of her time. She wasn't ready for that responsibility, wasn't ready to give up everything to raise a child. Getting rid of it wasn't an option either because she just didn't have the heart to do that. Eventually the five minutes were up which felt like slow motion and the red ink began to show. At first just one red line but then another appeared right beside it. She was pregnant. Tears began to bubble up in her eyes but she bit them back and sent Rollins a hopeless look who came over and gazed at the test before staring at her in disbelief. "Did you-?" Before Rollins could finish she screeched, "No! He took my virginity and now.. now I'll have his baby. Damn it!" In anger she kicked the tiled bathroom wall and hissed in pain as a stinging sensation traveled up her leg. He now would have a living memory of him with her forever. She rested her head against the cold snowy white tiles and took a few shaky breaths hardly noticing the warm and comforting hand resting on her shoulder. What was she going to do now? She was screwed. He would probably laugh at her frustration and enjoy the fact that she was pregnant. Hell he'd probably use their own child against her just to get under her skin. The sick bastard! 

                      "What am I going to do Rollins..?" She silently whispered biting back tears once again with great difficulty and turning to the other woman wearily. Her whole body feeling exhausted and no longer wanted to carry on. The man who had assaulted her had now impregnated her. "You have to tell the Captain.. but.. let's go together ok?" Rose nodded and allowed herself to be led out by the perky blonde past the rows of desks and into the Captains office who happened to be there gazing at paperwork looking a lot less stressed. He gazed up at them as they entered smiling warmly but it fell at their grim looks. "Cragen.. I mean Captain. I'm.. I'm pregnant and.. it's Williams." The older man's face first looked shocked then it filled with sympathy and frustration. Nodding curtly his mouth opening as if to say something but then shutting it decided against what he was about to say. Instead returning his gaze to the computer screen as if unable to reach her intense gaze. "I'm so sorry Rose.. We will catch him I swear." He said in a deep troubling voice and then fell silent no longer having anything to offer up. She felt sympathy once again touch her heart for the man. This whole ordeal was tough as it is but a pregnancy of one of his officers because of it seemed to only be adding the stress. Everything these past few weeks seemed to be going so smoothly but now..? Everything seemed to be crashing and burning right in front of her. "I was going to wait for everyone to gather but I'm retiring.." He mumbled.