Bruised

Rose perked up seeing Olivia and Barba enter but wilted slightly at their grim and pity filled faces. She despised the pity filled looks and constant comfort everyone seemed to be offering. The brunette just wanted to forget it all but everyone else seemed more content on making sure she never forgot. With great difficulty she managed to sit up and withheld a hiss pain staring at them with a look of calmness. Trying to hide the current of emotions that were raging inside her that made her want to scream, cry, hide, or beat the shit out of someone. "Hey.. I'm guessing you came for my statement?" Rafael nodded curtly pulling up a sturdy hospital chair that didn't look all the comfortable while Olivia leaned back against the wall as if purposely trying to keep her distance. "If your not ready we can.." He began but she waved him off and nodded her head almost eager to recount the tale and get it all off her chest. Being stuck up in the hospital room constantly waited on by nurses was getting boring quickly. 

           "Well, it all started off with me returning home and seeing a window by the front of the house open. I went to close it and when I turned around he was there clamping a cloth over my face..." She trailed off for a moment shuddering at the sudden flashes of memory which arose as she recounted the tale but quickly barreled on wanting to demonstrate that she was fine. "I woke up a little bit later in a van. White with black tinted windows and forest green carpeting. I was handcuffed down and he.. threatened to kill the boy inside this gas station if I shouted. We were so deep in the woods I knew it wouldn't be smart to fight so I waited. Eventually he returned and taunted me with what he had done to his other victims. We took off again and pulled up to a motel..." 

            After around ten more minutes of recounting the tale Rose trailed off at the last part what had happened the night they spent in the cabin. She stared down at her hands which were entwined and trembling in her lap. Thin red circles around her pale wrists which were now covered in white bandages. She took a deep breath holding back the waterfall of tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks and drench the short blue hospital gown. "And he um.. raped me.. and took my virginity." She broke off glancing out the window at the bright blue sky with soft fluffy clouds drifting lazily by, so carefree. She wished to be up there lounged on a cloud unaware of the pain of life. "But he didn't hurt me.. like the others.. So I suppose I'm lucky." She offered a weak and shaky smile before resting back against her fluffy pillows twisting her hands. For a moment Rafael said nothing scribbling something down in his little black leather notebook before gazing up at her with sympathetic eyes. Though they weren't pitying her, which was a relief. For once someone wasn't treating her like a fragile porcelain doll who would shatter if touched ever so slightly. He scooted the chair closer and rested his elbows on either side of the metal arm rests tapping the end of his pen again the page. Seemingly contemplating something but was uncertain whether to say it or not. 

                    "You have a strong case, there's a considerable amount of DNA and the ligature marks around your wrists and ankles would suggest being held.. If we find him I believe with your testimony he could be locked away." Rose's heart stopped at that one tiny word and her brows shot up in concern. If? IF?! Did that mean..? He hadn't been found. He seemed to sense her surprise and glanced back at Olivia who sighed and scuffed the ground with her brown boots unable to meet her partners scorching gaze. "I'm sorry Rose, he got away. We are searching for him now." The senior detective mumbled feeling guilt swamp her mind and make it impossible to meet the watery eyes of the fragile woman in front of her. It was her fault Rose got hurt in the first place and now the man who did it just got away? Would he return for more? 

               The brunette was silent with shock for a moment but then swallowed back the fear which now flared up, slipping her legs over the side of her bed and setting down to the cold tiles ignoring the requests from Rafael to get back in bed and heal. She was sick of this damned room, of feeling like a weak child being coddled by the adults in the room. So she ripped out the IVs and pulled a thin sheet over her semi exposed body. Pressing the call button and waited, pleased when a jolly nurse entered but seemed a bit shocked that the patient was out of bed. "Miss I request my clothes be returned to me. I'm ready to be released into my sister's care." The nursed gazed nervously at the detectives and ADA before bustling out of the room to complete her request clearly not going to argue. Eventually returning with a larger baggy of stuff filled with clothing her sister had brought over and her phone. "I'll be back." 

               Rose entered the bathroom and began to undress, untying the long ties keeping the papery thin hospital gown together and feeling it slip to the ground. Now completely nude in front of the mirror it gave the brunette time to examine her injuries. Their were hickeys all up her neck and a small bite mark on her ear from being nipped at. Her slender pale legs covered in bruises which were now a sickly purple color and stuck out against her fair pale skin. Other then the thin circles under her eyes and the blotchy redness from crying and just general exhaustion she was unharmed. However it was not what he had done to her skin that bothered her, it was what he had taken. Her innocent, her purity, it hadn't been his and yet he took it without a second thought. Now the man who took her virginity was a horrific rapist who cared nothing for her. She slipped on a long turtle neck color which covered the bruises well and a pair of fluffy sweat pants before stepping out and pocketing her phone into the pocket of her sweater. "I'm ready. Let's go."