Returning Home

William Lewis slipped inside a dark narrow alley ducking behind a large green dumpster and trying to avoid the intense scent of trash. It has been four months since he left New York and staying away had been absolute hell. Sure their were plenty of victims to pass the time but they just bored him now. Lacking the fiery personality and natural defiance of Rose their sobs and pleads were dull. At least the little detective had the sense to understand that begging got you nowhere... He snorted and then pulled down the top of his navy blue baseball cap to shield his distinct facial features and popping on a pair of dark sunglasses he stepped out onto the street passing by the NYPD station for about the fifth time today. Mostly staking out the area to see when his little dove would exit or gathering general information on the building. It was a rather large station, about two stories with large windows showing most of the officers inside circling the front. From what he could see Olivia, the detective who interrogated him before, was chatting with a pretty blonde both looking rather content. Criminals shackled in handcuffs squirmed against the officers bringing them through the revolving glass doors, some sobbing and pleaded while others were silent already giving in or just in general defiant. His lips curled into a small smile, how stupid were they to get caught on such minor crimes? He did horrific things to women even to a fellow detective and yet here he was roaming the streets always two steps ahead of the NYPD. It was pitiful. He was snapped from his thoughts leaning casually against a shop nearby the station when he saw a flash of flowing brunette hair and that was when he saw her again. 

            Rose was looking rather beautiful as always but their just seemed to be something glowing about her. Adorned in a rather loose black shirt and dark gray leggings with a simple gray sweater unzipped to reveal a distinct but not rather plump bump in her stomach. Her hair was tied back in a neat pony tail keeping most of the brunette locks from her face but some strands dangled down in soft curls elegantly framing her beautiful face. Despite refusing most forms of makeup the woman still looked naturally stunning. With a gentle red tint to her cheeks causing them to eternally look slightly flushed and the delicate but long curves of her eyelashes. Today her plump pink lips were lightly touched with a neutral colored salmon pink lipstick that made them look softer and slightly pursed up. To put it simply the woman looked absolutely gorgeous in a dark outfit contrasted by her light facial features which caused them to only stick out more. This however was not what William was focusing on solely instead his gaze landed on the plump baby bump and felt his heart beat a bit faster in panic. Was she just getting really fat or.. was it something else? No it couldn't have possibly been him who caused the pregnancy, if their even was one, obviously some other man had done it. Then again Rose was a virgin before the incident and seemed far too upset to be involved with someone else. He pressed his thin lips into a line unable to rest his heart which began to beat so fast it felt like it was vibrating within his chest. Leaning further against the cool brick wall of the shop that it dug into his exposed arms and watching intently as the detective swept joyfully up the steps clutching a coffee and a dangling purse and then entering the station with ease and familiarity. He felt another pang of panic but this one mixed with worry for the expecting mother, a police station was not safe for her. 

                 William shook his head in frustration, why the hell did he care?! No! The child would be a perfect use of leverage. Yes, that's all that mattered, playing their deadly game of cat and mouse until eventually one of them was unable to move on. That's the only reason he had returned to this accursed city in the first place. Why should a pregnancy change anything? Yet deep down their was a small voice inside which quietly whispered. But will you be able to harm your own child?  He furrowed his thick black eyebrows the question beginning to weigh on his mind. Thinking back to his own father who had viciously assaulted his babysitter right in front of him causing this.. darkness. Could he allow such a thing to happen to his own child and willingly commit the acts himself? Frustration began to well up inside silently wishing to go back in time and fix this whole mistake but that's not how life works. You get dealt a hand and you deal with the consequences no matter how fucked up they are. Gently tugging at his bottom lip with his dull canines Will stepped out into the crowd easily blending in with the mix of people despite being naturally tall slipping through the small parts with ease and grace trying to avoid any altercations that would attract unwanted attention. Tonight he would return to the house he went to so often and find out the truth. If the baby was his.. well he hadn't planned that far ahead. He hardly did mostly just acting on the impulses that arise and most of the time it got him out of trouble. Most of the time. Running a hand through his sloppy raven locks he almost jumped out of his skin when he plowed into a small blonde woman who toppled over under his immense weight pouring hot coffee all over her white blouse and letting out a screech of pain. "Oh miss, I am so sorry." He said in a fake apologetic tone, at first the woman looked up with an angry look but it quickly melted off and she got to her feet with his help flashing a flirty smile. "It's alright but.. you are going to need to repay me.. can I drop by your place for a change of clothes?" William couldn't stop the sly smirk that crossed his lips nodding and beginning to lead the blonde through the crowd towards a rundown hotel near the outskirts of town where scumbags lived, his current residence. It was almost too easy to find a new victim. Especially when ones practically flung themselves into his lap like this, he took the time to check out her hourglass figure and defined curves with a small smirk. Not exactly who he wanted but it would do for tonight.