True Family

Rose sat out in break room listening to the intense chatter of her fellow detectives. The most prominent voices were Olivia and Amaro both having a full blown argument with Cragen over his early retirement. It made sense why everyone was so heated, he had been the captain of their unit for so long and it just wouldn't be the same without him, but 1 P.P was breathing down his neck over the whole William situation and the stress of the job was just becoming too much. He was going to take an early leave with full pension and go on a cruise with his girlfriend to try and keep just a sliver of happiness. She felt delighted that the older man was striving for a new life but their was a flicker of guilt within her heart. Sure he had said William Lewis was just a small reason for leaving but it wasn't a coincidence he chose to leave right after it all died down. 1 P.P was certainly not pleased with it and was watching the whole unit just waiting for a moment to strike and take them down. She pressed her ears to the cool wall listening as the calm voice of Cragen explaining that a new but well experienced officer would be taking over. A bit young to be Captain but apparently top of her class and did extremely well in homicide. Everyone groaned in aggravation at showing another newbie the ropes especially someone in charge. Shortly after another brief chat about what was going down Olivia stepped into the break room looking extremely strained. The senior detective however was also rather dolled up today. Wearing a knee length black dress with a silver belt around the waist which not only looked formal but sexy as it clung to each curve perfectly. A long black trench coat was draped over it but not buttoned up allowing full few of the gown underneath despite the huge buttons around the edge of the coat. To pull off the whole outfit was a pair of ankle high heeled boots which matched the black color scheme but the heels were silver to match the belt making it a rather stunning contrast to the jeans and blouse that was the normal attire of the detectives. Even her hair seemed tended to, the wavy brunette locks falling into gentle waves down her shoulders and cascading down elegantly. Their was even a touch of bright pink lip gloss to her lips and a slight blush looking more neutral but odd for the detective who often refused make up seeing it as vain.

             "Whoa Olivia. Hot date after?" Rose teased with a small smirk trying to lighten up the depressingly morose mood and was rewarded with a warm smile. Olivia turned over flicking her long curly brunette locks aside and fixing her with an amused look in those beautiful deep brown eyes. "Ya, Brian invited me out later but I won't have enough time to change from here to the restaurant." She chirped in an almost chipper and optimistic tone which was out of character for the hardened detective but around Brian she just seemed happier. They both had such a healthy support system and just always seemed to be there for one another despite the stress, that it was almost comforting to see the pair together. Despite Amaro always grumbling in the corner looking a bit annoyed with Brian still holding a bit of a grudge towards the guy. With the lightness of the conversation she forgot all about the recent pregnancy but after a brief silence the memory hit her like a freight train and she gently tugged at her lower lip with her dull canines nervous about telling her partner. Sure they were close and all but it was hard to admit that after all that had happened William won in the end. "Olivia.. there's something I need to tell you. Just don't tell the guys just yet I need a bit more time with them.. Its a bit embarrassing." The brunette let out a light fake chuckle which faltered under the intense concerned gaze of her partner and decided it was best not to skate around the whole issue. Staving it off wasn't going to last forever and she just had to spit it out. 

                "Im pregnant. And it's William's.. Um Rollins and Cragen knows too but.." She broke off tears filling her eyes and for the first time in weeks they dripped down at the saddened look Olivia sent her. It hurt so bad to see the person she saw as a foster mother look at her with such pity that it felt like a hundred blades were piercing her heart and her breathing became a bit shallow. Only relaxing when the older woman drew her in with a tight hug and gently ran her hands over her back ever so gently. "It's ok Rose. It's ok to cry. I'm so sorry for what happened to you but we will make through it together.. We are a family whether you like it or not." Rose let out a choked up sob mixed with a laugh and pulled away taking a shaky breath before letting her tense shoulders relax. Glancing up gratefully at her partner and for once felt supported and loved in a family. Sure they didn't share blood but the officers in this unit were close in a way her and her family never had been. They had her back when everyone else ran away and the piercing fear from before melted to a feeling of warmth. She would survive this! It would be hard raising a child alone but she was strong and wouldn't become another victim to William Lewis. She was stronger then him. Wiping away a snaking tear the brunette shakily stood pushing down the nausea and put on a brave face not even caring if her cheeks and eyes were tinted red from crying. Stepping out into the wide open office area followed closely by Olivia to see Finn leaning over Rollins desk both laughing and joking while Amaro leaned back in his leather chair. Eventually pushing too far and the whole thing toppled over earning a chorus of laughter from them all. This was her home, and she would do anything to protect it.