Crystal

Rose perched herself at the edge of a black leather office chair staring at a computer screen and trying desperately to put last night out of her thoughts. Despite every part of her body screaming that William was dangerous she caved and said he could hide out in her basement for a few days. Why this seemed logical even eluded her but the damage was already done. She furrowed her curved eyebrows staring at the new case victim who had arrived just yesterday and took a statement. The photo was pretty recent taken by a friend and posted on Instagram showing a widely smiling young girl around the age of twelve. Still so young and hardly filling out in the features of a woman. With rounder cheeks tinted with a salmon pink flush and wide caramel brown eyes that looked like a timid doe's. Her raven black hair ended just at the shoulders in a straight cut and was held back with a sparkly pink head band matching her long sleeved top. Too young to be experiencing something so traumatic and yet that was how the world seemed to work. Ripping at innocence until their was nothing left but the husk of what once was a loving person. The detective pressed her lips in a thin line and scrolled down to another image posted at what seemed like a party. Young kids all dancing and doing things adolescents should never think of doing. Kids these days. She inwardly scoffed before cursing for feeling so old. How could partying and being drunk all the time become so cool in such little time from when she was a teenager. Or maybe it was always cool and she was just the nerdy kid no one invited, both seemed plausible. She was ripped from her thoughts when the new captain entered speaking urgently with Olivia who seemed anxious at the conversation and looked over at Rose before quickly glancing away.

              This woman was a bit younger then Olivia but was tall and naturally beautiful with long curly hair always tied in a pony tail and dark eyes that almost looked black. She had a rounded jawline and was a tad tanner then Rose was but was still rather pale and always wore a dark gray coat over a white blouse and a pair of faded navy blue jeans. Both gun and badge clipped to her belt she looked like someone who could do serious damage. "Crystal!" Rose chirped leaning back in the chair and waving to the Captain who glanced over and offered a small smile before hurrying to continue the conversation behind closed doors. What was going on?! It had been months since the whole assault situation so why was everyone always acting so secretive still?! She leaned forward feeling the chair give a precarious lurch but ignoring it too lost in worries and thoughts now. Rubbing her stomach and gazing back at the screen pondering the situation when something caught her eye. In the corner of one of the pictures sat the victim speaking with an older looking boy. He had straggly dirty blonde hair the roots a deep brown and getting lighter till the tips were a light honey blonde. It had grown so long that he simply pulled it into a low hanging ponytail tied in place with a tan colored scrunchie. He was draped over the couch one arm around the victim and another on the cushion beside them trying to look casual and cool but honestly it gave off the display of desperation. From what she could tell, which wasn't much, he was wearing a white shirt with a black skull on it and baggy blue skinny jeans which showed off his boxers. Supposedly this was the party she was assaulted at though the girl didn't remember much from being drunk. 

                       She flagged Rollins over who curiously approached her desk and leaned over glancing at the corner of the picture. For a moment the blonde's eyes scrunched and narrowed trying to find what was so important before widening in shock and withdrawing from the illuminated screen with a look of astonishment then realization.  "She never told us about talking to a boy.." The detective spoke with a distinctive southern drawl from being raised down South and looked puzzle at why the girl had lied. To be honest Rose was a little concerned herself but victims weren't always the most reliable especially when alcohol is thrown into the mix. "Maybe she just forgot? Doesn't matter anyways. We gotta track this guy down. I'm going to forward this picture to Carisi and Finn maybe the friend knows him? Can you tell the Captain for me?" Rollins nodded and walked over to the closed office knocking gently before the door opened a crack each curtain closed and being ushered in. Sure their was a pang of hurt at the secrecy going around but their was nothing to be done about it. This was a work environment and getting upset over not being in the loop was ridiculous. If Crystal or Olivia had something important to say she was certain they would come to her. Still deep down their was a small voice speaking doubts. Maybe they found out about her plan to harbor William or maybe they were concerned about the pregnancy and wanted her on desk duty. She inwardly groaned at the idea of sitting at a desk all day and typing up files and reports having to watch everyone else go out and interrogate families or arrest suspects. Not a single officer in this station wanted to be sitting down at a desk all day, having their legs get cramped and just the general boredom that comes with detailed reports. She ran a hand through her hair and rested her head on the cool plastic of the desk feeling a rush of nausea accompanied by a cramp. Pregnancy was a real pain in the ass. Rose caught herself yearning for the way things had gone before William had arrived at the station. When the only concern was getting everyone to like her and arresting the next rapist who happened to strike. Drama was never her strong suit but now it was like she was in a bad soap opera leaving a sour taste in her mouth. Rose straightened as Crystal emerged from the office leaving the door wide open and approached her desk with a grim face.