The Allure Of Darkness

As she stumbled down the hall Rose could hear the muffled curses and pained grunts and smirked a bit. Good, he deserved a bit of pain for the hell he put her and now her child through. She subconsciously rested a hand over her stomach in a protective motion while hurrying down the stairs hearing the thundering sound of steps coming down the hall way giving chase. A scream rushed up her throat but in fear and panic it was closed up so nothing escaped besides a few shaky breaths and gasps. Still clutching the gun just in case she plucked up the courage to finally pull the trigger and end this all. That was the one thing holding her back, could she take a man's life? The answer was no, after seeing the destruction death caused she couldn't knowingly take ones away. Even if the person was as awful as William it was fates choice if someone died not her own. Wobbling like a two year old, she managed to make it to the living room only to feel a firm and tight grip push her down onto the couch and then press themselves above her. The brunette snapped her icy blue eyes upwards to see William who had placed both of his study muscular arms on either side of her head caging her between his body and the couch. She struggled to catch her breath for a few moments feeling exhausted and heavy squirming a bit more under his weight before giving into the hopelessness and lying still. It was just a waste of energy to struggle anymore so instead she focused on a strategy. While William was a larger man he was a bit arrogant making easier to wiggle around enough to hit a weak spot and free herself. He seemed preoccupied anyways slowly raising a hand and brushing a strand of her hair out of her face, his slightly calloused and rough hand brushing against her soft cheek sending shivers down her spine. Just the way his hot billowing breath pressed to her face and his soft hazel eyes were lightened with warmth and mischief sent shivers down the young detective's spine. It wasn't fair to feel such a way for someone who was capable of doing such immense harm to others. Why was he acting this way to her and yet hurting those other women with no remorse? The question weighed upon her mind as she stared up at him in silence feeling a strong connection despite their rocky.. introduction. This was definitely Stockholm syndrome. Their must be something terribly wrong inside her mind to make her feel this way! Was it the daddy issues or just in general tendency to attach to others? While she pondered this he shifted to a more comfortable position both knees planted firmly on either side of her legs and hands placed at her sides. 

                     Like her own personal body cage, he smirked at the predicament and opened his mouth to say something cocky and teasing as always. "Well well dove.. ensnared once again by the fox. What will you do now? Gotta think of that pup growing within too.." He cooed in a sing song voice leaning in so his silhouette loomed over hers threateningly, so close she could smell the scent of pine and lavender which he seemed to give off. She tensed, it was the same scent she couldn't clean off after that day..  Feeling the dizzy warmth of his body began to lose it's intoxicating effect over her, she pressed her hands against his sturdy chest and pushed which hardly did anything and seemed to be more of an annoyance to him. The tips of his mouth twitching as if to break the signature wide smirk and curl into an annoyed frown. Their was a slight flash of irritation that appeared within those beautiful eyes that quickly faded away and was covered by mock amusement. Damn him. Always smiling, her hand twitched to slap that stupid smirk off his face but she restrained herself for the time being and focused on the weak attempt to push him off knowing it was getting on his nerves. Good. For once she had the edge of knowing which buttons to push. In an instant the satisfaction that filled her heart from his displeasure melted away when an animalistic look crossed his face. His thinner lips curled into a snarl to expose those dull canines that had once lightly nipped at her neck. The pupils of his eyes almost seeming to dilate like a cat's when they had spotted their pray. Leaning in so close that the tip of his nose just about touched her own. "Keep pushing your luck, and I swear I'll take you upstairs now and do what I did those months ago. The one thing haunting your mind and making it impossible to move on. The thing that haunts all my girls." Their was no smirk or teasing in his voice in fact it was deep and husky. He was dead serious and for once their was a real feeling of terror that rushed her body. The same terror she tried to keep down for so long and she felt her hands subconsciously withdraw and begin to tremble. He was terrifying, and she felt herself give into the fright and lay back subserviently gazing up at him awaiting his next demand. 

                  William smirked once again which sent odd ripples of relief through her body the animalistic look passing through to a more content and triumphant stare. He leaned back to an upright sitting position and now being freed of the human cage she sat up as well resting against the arm of the couch and just continued to stare at him intently too afraid to move, feeling like a cornered animal. How could it be that this man could draw her in and yet terrify her to her core at the same time. Their was just something so strongly intimidating about his gaze and yet so alluring. The allure of darkness, so her sister had put wisely while talking about bad boys. Was this what she was feeling? "W-what do you want William? Yes it's your child but what does that change?" A thoughtful expression crossed his face as if that question was also on his mind. His eyes snapping to her baby bump and a strange warmth taking over his gaze. He reached out tentatively at first as if afraid her stomach would bite before gently laying an open-palmed hand on it. Leaving it there for a moment before doing an odd stroking motion which sent surges of warmth through her body. This touch was so odd, so gentle and loving it was almost impossible to think such a monster could be doing it.. but here they were. "I-I want.. I want this child." For once he was the one stuttering.