Victims

The victim in question was a young girl named Sadie Forester, she was around seventeen with curls and curls of thick blonde hair and a petite form much alike Rose's but with an even slender waist making it look almost non existent. She was obviously a very beautiful girl with striking jade green eyes but now with extensive injuries littering her lightly tanned body. Her plump lips had several small cuts and had swollen to a considerable size while their was a deep purple ring around one of her eyes. Her nose was bent oddly probably from being broken and their was several dark purple bruises all over her arms and legs, it appeared as if someone really went to town on the poor thing. Though when the detectives entered she offered a pained smile and sat up in the bed swiping back a strand of golden blonde hair which cascading down her upper back. "Um.. Is it time already? I already told the nurse I was uncertain of pressing charges." She spoke in a soft timid tone which was filled with uncertainty and fear her eyes downcast to the tan tiles covering the hospital floor. Rose felt a pang of understanding and sympathy for the poor thing, and signaled for Olivia to allow her to take lead on this. The brunette swept forward nimbly despite the bruises on her legs beginning to spark up with pain and lowered down on a chair so they shared eye level. "I understand if your scared but the person who did this to you, can not be allowed to roam the streets anymore. They are a danger to others and after what they did to you, they deserve to be punished." Sadie looked down at her hands tight lipped seeming to ponder her options, and as a reassurance the detective leaned forward and placed her pale hands on the teenager's. Watching as her body tensed but relaxed and she glanced up feeling safe under the comforting stare of the detectives. "Alright.. It was my mom's boyfriend Thomas.. he.. he got really drunk and sort of went crazy. He was beating my mom first but I tried to defend her and he turned on me." Tears sprang up in those beautiful green eyes and rolled down the girl's cheeks as she hastily wiped them away and took a deep breath collecting herself. It was clear she had taught herself how to restrain her emotions and in a situation as volatile as the one she was in it was understandable. 

             Rose felt her heart stricken at the pained filled expression on the girl's face and unsteadily stood excusing herself and stumbling down the hallway before ducking into an empty room to catch her breath. It was as if staring into a mirror, the expression on Sadie's face.. her fear filled eyes.. The detective shuddered and buried her head into her hands taking a few shaky breaths and trying to think. Maybe she had gone back too early? It was only a week after the attack but all the other victims seemed to be able to face their attackers no matter what and move on. That was the problem, she wasn't able to face her attacker and put him away. William Lewis was on the loose and their was no telling when he would strike. Despite denying it all week the thought of him coming for her again.. was paralyzing. The way he looked at her with those chilling hazel eyes.. how his warm breath billowed against her face and neck as he nipped at the gentle flesh of her neck, marking her. How even days after the attack she couldn't seemed to get his scent off of her, or forget exactly what he had done. The petite woman sighed deeply gazing outside a large open window at the blue sky and bustling crowds. People living their normal lives untouched by the suffering of the victims and completely unaware that they could be next. She quietly stepped out of the room and found Olivia outside with a coffee in hand, the senior detective said nothing about her disappearing and simply filled in the details before climbing into the car. She hesitated for a second sending a glance back at the hospital before opening the car door and settling down in the passenger seat. 

================================================================================

            "I'm home!" Rose called out entering the empty house and setting down her items pleased as the black and white cat appeared from around the corner and curled around it's owner's legs purring happily and then heading for the kitchen. She sighed and followed the kitten putting some dry and wet food into the metal food bowel and filling up the water bowl with ease. Content to at least be able to find some part of the routine she had before the attack. The little kitty happily indulged in the food chowing down like their life depended on it and once finished stalking into the living room to take a quick cat nap. She smiled softly and set her phone down on the counter before tensing, noticing that something was off about the room. The night before she had set a rather large knife down on the counter near the sink to be washed but passed out before she could.. now it was missing. She shuddered and withdrew her pistol from the holster before beginning to check the house. It all seemed clear until she entered the bedroom where a note had been stuck to the wall, the missing knife driven through the top of the paper and then into the wall keeping it steady. It said three simple words in bright red ink that caused her heart to rapidly beat and fear to pierce her. 

                                                                                 I'm coming back

               The message was obviously from William, who loved to taunt his victims with sick games but this one really made her stomach turn. She turned around unable to face the paper and rushed out of the room clamping a hand over her mouth to keep the vomit that had bubbled up at bay. Her mind was whirring too fast and the world was becoming dizzy and unhinged. Why was he after her? Why? Why? Why? That one word replayed over and over again like a broken record until she broke down into silent sobs and sunk onto the living room floor shivering intensely. She needed to get the hell out of there, now!