Shared Memories

Outside the house perched atop a withered tree branch that stretched to the brunette detectives bedroom window was the black silhouette of a tall man. His legs dangling precariously off and swinging back in forth so casually it was if he was supposed to be there. With the elegance of a stalking panther he stood at the thick root of the branch and carefully but swiftly made his way towards the open window, once checking to see the coast was clear he climbed in and landed with a thud thump onto the soft tan carpet peering around the room. It was day time now and Rose was at work as were many people in the cute little suburban neighborhood so he wasn't worried about being spotted. Now was the perfect time to get the bearings of this house and set up his trap for her. Their was a meow from the doorway and William jolted a bit in surprise but relaxed seeing as it was only her white and black feline who had nudged open the ajar door. It slinked in and rubbed it's head gently against his legs a sign of affection and trust. He smiled a bit and crouched down rubbing the fluffy creature's head as it began to purr in content. Such a cute little thing, he always preferred them over the noisy yapping of dogs. They were elegant and tranquil creatures with an independence that meant they relied on no one. The cat peered up at him with wide green eyes the pupil surrounding by a light amber color making them stand out more. Than it calmly left the room seeing nothing wrong with the intruder who had been there before. Will held back a laugh and straightened up peering around the smaller bedroom. 

               The room was rather simple, near the window but pushed far up against the wall was a queen sized bed with black coverings. He had taken notice how often she wore black and chalked it up as her favorite color. Beside it was a dark mahogany bedside table with a round gray lamp that had been flicked off and a tiny alarm clock flashing bright red colors that must be blinding at night. On the other side of the bed were two firm wooden closet doors with small round handles sticking out, pulling the doors open revealed an avalanche of some neatly tucked in clothing and others thrown in haphazardly that crumpled on the ground. A mixture of neatness and laziness that perfectly summed up Rose. Other then that the room was rather empty, besides the few shelves stocked with smaller possessions from shows and books and a book shelf in the corner filled to the brim with books of all kinds. Quickly skimming through the titles most had to do with magic and fantasy or mythology, quite an interesting selection. He backed up to the middle room resting against the wooden frame of her bed and ran a hand through his curly black hair deep in thought. Most people preferred elegance and having a cute looking room but hers was so.. normal and empty it was strange. He glanced back at the bed and almost laughed seeing nestled in the covers was a brown and tan stuffed animal dog. Picking it up showed how old and used it was, no longer super soft and firm as it's body sort of lolled but their seemed to be great care taken to keep this dog around. How cute. She kept a reminiscence of her childhood with her, now that he thought of it their was no pictures of her family anywhere. That was odd. Curiosity getting the best of William he dug through the closet and under a massive pile of clothing was a photo album. Flipping through the pictures mostly showed young Rose smiling with a familiar brunette man and a woman with long straight ginger hair. They all looked extremely happy embracing and having fun at birthday parties or family reunions. 

               Further on though, the pictures took a darker turn as the mother and daughter began to distance themselves from the father until eventually he just disappeared. At the last page their was a news article the paper brittle and yellowing from age but the bold and smaller text was clear enough to read and the lamination prevented further damage. Their was a large picture below the title showing the brunette man, Rose's father, in handcuffs being stuffed into a police car. 

                                                        Local man arrested for rape and kidnapping. 

Phillip Black, father to Rose Black and Jasmine Black as well as husband to Sofia Black (pictured above) is being arrested and questioned for having ties to the rape and kidnapping of young Samantha Williams. It is believed that while she was walking home, he offered her a ride and than snatched her. Keeping her inside the basement for weeks and periodically assaulting her until eventually, with his wife out, raping her upstairs in their bedroom. Only being found by his own daughter Rose black, only eight at the time, who witnessed the whole thing and alerted fellow neighbors. Sofia Black has refused to comment and has requested they leave her family alone but the question still remains, how did they not realize what kind of a monster lived in their own home. Continue to page 6 for more details on the case. 

            William stared at the page for a bit completely taken aback by the words in black ink, so her father was a rapist and she was the one who turned him in. A bit ironic the daughter of a famous rapist and kidnapper was now an SVU detective. So that's how the man was familiar, as a child he remembered seeing the photo plastered over every newspaper and how parents would scold their children and remind them of what happened to poor Samantha Williams. He frowned deeply closing the album and placing it back under the horde gently closing the closet doors and staring outside deep in thought. What was the chances of the one woman he chose to be his next pray had a father that was a rapist. Alike his own father, but Will had never told the police what he had done to that babysitter.. So him and Rose shared the same traumatic past and yet she was thriving as a detective and he himself became a rapist following in his fathers footsteps. The whole situation was so ironic that he let out a chorus of laughter, but oddly deep down he knew it wasn't funny. Deep down he really didn't want to laugh.