Kitty Love

Rose turned on the television flipping to the news and crossing her legs, only uncrossing them when her kitten, Kidd, jumped up and curled up upon her lap. It's small body purring gently in a soft rumble. Gently kneading it's claws into her jeans and pulling at the fabric but just skimming her fragile flesh underneath. Eventually curling up with it's slim tail curving around itself, it's tail tipped white along with it's paws and jaw contrasting the beautiful raven black fur. The brunette woman relaxed gazing warmly at the little bundle of fur and lying back against the cushy couch. Listening to the blaring news which talked about new issues and attacks. It seemed as if everyday something bad happened and someone out there was suffering from the effects. Now that she was no longer on the news, she was more content with keeping it in the past and focusing on things that mattered. Her family, her cat, her fellow detectives that felt like a second family. She smiled gently stroking the back of the gentle creature feeling it's soft fur under her hands. Just for a moment, another moment in time in this rather tranquil day she forgot all about William Lewis. Her whole focus on the life form who was so content on slumbering with it's owner and feeling protected on her lap. Their was no telling how long Kidd would be lying there but even if it chose to sleep there all night she had no plans to move unless the kitten left first. Not wishing to disturb it's gentle and deep cat nap. Feeling exhausted herself she leaned against the couch cushions and allowed her heavy eyelids to close relaxing and listening to the soft purrs of her kitten. 

               An hour later she startled awake hearing her phone begin to ring loudly not only scaring her but Kidd also who sat up in surprise and leaped off the couch onto the ground. Rose leaned over the arm of the couch and picked up her phone, it's screen lit up now with the image of her blonde sister and the two options in green and red below. Answer or hang up, without a moments hesitation she tapped the green circle and placed her phone to her ears. "Jasmine? What's up?" Her blood felt like ice hearing instead of her sister's cheery voice on the other line a familiar deep baritone one. It was rich with amusement and teasing as always with the hint of a challenge. "Hello Rose... You never told me you had such a pretty sister. She's with me now..." She listened closely to the soft mumbled cries of her sister in the background and was unable to blink out the tears filling her eyes. No! Not her sister! Jasmine was too special, she meant the world to her. A pang of fear and despair hit the petite detective straight in the heart and she began to trembled in anger and concern. How dare he! He could hurt her over and over but not her sister! "Come to the abandoned warehouse down Wickery road, alone, and I'll let her free. Show up with one of your detective friends and well.. I might just have to kill her and do hurry. I would hate to get bored and play some games with Jasmine instead.." He cooed playfully and then hung up. She trembled listening to the phone beep as a sign that the he had ended the call and stood up wasting no time. Grabbing her keys and pistol before getting into the car and preparing to meet William as he requested. 

================================================================================

                  Rose pulled up into an abandoned dirt road approaching a large secluded metal warehouse hidden by trees. Their seem to be no one around besides a black car parked towards the side of the warehouse hidden by the shadows. She climbed out pushing down the intense nerves and slowly approached the door pulling it open with great difficulty as it was extremely heavy and then entered the mostly empty area. Inside smelled strongly of rotten fish so strong she could barely breath. Towards the center of the spacious room was a hanging light underneath it's harsh amber glow was her blonde sister bound to a sturdy wooden chair with a dirty rag within in her mouth . Tears drenched her lightly tanned rosy cheeks and bubbled up within her beautiful chocolate brown eyes. Their seemed to be no other marks on her body besides a bright red mark on her cheek as if being struck by something. "Jasmine!" The brunette screeched beginning to run over but halted when her beautiful sister looked up and shook her head frantically glancing to the side which was covered in shadows. Focusing on the area she noticed a tall silhouette which moved out of the darkness and into the light revealing William Lewis. He was twirling a silver pistol on his finger dangerously close to pulling the trigger. She secretly hoped he shot himself in the foot on accident. "Now now detective. Your sister and I were just getting acquainted. Would be rude to take her now." He tsked softly and approached the struggling blonde stroking her silky smooth hair and then gently tugging at a few strands causing her to shriek the sound muffled by the gag in her mouth. Rose felt the urge to run over and help but stayed in place for fear that he would turn the gun on Jasmine. Instead fixing William with a cold murderous glare grinding her teeth in rage. She hated feeling this helpless, being at his mercy once again. It was just like when he had kidnapped her and.. assaulted her all over again gazing at her trembling sister who attempted to inch away from him. 

                  "Listen you want me not her, let my sister go William. You can take me in her place." He simply smirked at her pleads gently stroking Jasmine's tear soaked face. "Why would I do that? When I can have both of you? See we've been having some really interesting conversations about you dove.. What your daddy did.. How you reacted... what happened to your mother." He smoothly teased which caused Rose to tense up in surprise. No one knew what happened to their mother besides her and Jasmine. She glanced at her sister who sent her a glance of apologetic fear, she understood. Her sister was young and despite the brave act she was easily frightened. A person like William would be terrifying to her just in general so it made sense why she told the truth. "Great so you know how our mother died... But I can give you something better.. What happened to my father but you have to let her go."