Jar of Hearts

Characters: Dean, y/n (reader). (past Dean x reader)

Words: 750

Warnings: angst. so much angst. also stab wound and mentions of blood. I think that's all but please tell me if I missed something.

A/N: This was written for Fif's Milestone Challenge. I chose Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri, and "I love you." "Then why did you just stab me?!" for my prompts. The prompt is in bold and the lyrics to Jar of Hearts are at the end.

 The prompt is in bold and the lyrics to Jar of Hearts are at the end

"y/n, wait!"

You shook your head, refusing to turn back. "Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore?"

You walked out, leaving him behind you.

You slid the book on the shelf, barely glancing around

"y/n?" an all too familiar voice called. "y/n!"

You ducked behind a shelf, slipping along the wall till you could sneak into the back room.

"Bye y/n!" The head librarian called. "Oh, y/n!" You turned back. "Their was a man here looking for you. I didn't know you had a boyfriend!"

"I don't." You told her bluntly.

"Oh. Um," She stopped hesitant.

"What?" You asked.

"I, um, I might have told you where you lived?" She looked away.

You sighed. "How many times have I told you? I don't have a boyfriend and I don't want one!"

You crossed your arms. "Dean."

Dean looked up. "y/n!"

Walking up you stood there, looking at him. "Who do you think you are?" you burst out. "Runnin' 'round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts?"

Dean stepped back. "y/n, what?"

"You're going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." You told him walking around him and unlocking your door.

"y/n wait!" he called after you.

You paused in the doorway. "It took so long just to feel alright, remember how to put back the light in my eyes." You shook your head. "I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed, 'Cause you broke all your promises."

"y/n." He called helplessly.

Your eyes hardened. "And now you're back. You don't get to get me back."

You walked inside and closed the door. Listening while his retreating footsteps faded into the distance.

"y/n, come on." Dean called, a childish hint in his voice.

"I'm coming!" you called, running to catch up. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise!" He teased. "if I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!"