Episode 1 - Pilot

A/N: this was my third draft of this I think? Anyway, it's unfinished and the last time I looked at it was like, January 2018. Enjoy this never seen before part of my series rewrite!

Word Count: 7774

"Sam!" Jess yelled, fixing her hat for her nurse costume

"Sam!" Jess yelled, fixing her hat for her nurse costume. "Get a move on, would you? We were supposed to be there like fifteen minutes ago!"

Jess walked back to her room calling, "Sam! You coming or what?"

I stuck my head around the corner, still in my jeans and t-shirt with a flannel and jacket. "Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes!" My girlfriend insisted. "It'll be fun." I walked into the room, tucking my hands into my pockets.

"And where's your costume?" Jess asked, looking me over.
I laughed and ducked my head. "You know how I feel about Halloween."

The bar was decorated for Halloween, cobwebs and gargoyles, spiders and witches everywhere. All around me people in costumes were laughing and talking, taking shots and dancing.

Jess raised her glass as Luis came over, wearing his ghoul costume.

"So here's to Samantha and her awesome MCAT scores!" She cheered.

"All right, all right. It's not that big of a deal." I mumbled as we clinked glasses.

"Yeah, she acts all humble," Jess grinned. "But she scored a one seventy-four."

Luis and I downed our shots. "Is that good?" He asked.

"Scary good," Jess replied, downing her drink.

"So there you go." Luis grinned, sitting down next to me. "You are a first-round draft pick. You can go to any med school you want!"

"Actually, I got an interview here. Monday. If it goes okay I think I got a shot at a full ride next year." I admitted, brushing my long brown hair from my face.

"Hey, it's gonna go great," Jess reassured me.

"It better," I muttered.

"How does it feel to be Daddy's girl?" Luis queried.

"Ah, they don't know." I faltered.

"Oh, no, I would be gloating! Why not?"

"Because we're not exactly the Bradys."

"And I'm not exactly the Huxtables. More shots?" He offered, standing from the table.

"No." Jess and I said together.

Luis got up and wandered over to the bar anyway.

"No seriously," Jess said, pulling my attention back to her. "I'm proud of you. And you're gonna knock 'em dead on Monday and you're gonna get that full ride. I know it."