Ghost Repairs

Characters: Cass (OFC), Dean, Sam

Words: ~1650

Warnings: idk man. fluff I guess?

***

I looked up from your book when the black Impala pulled up the dirt driveway. I stuck my bookmark in and set the book on the porch swing next to me.

I watched as the two men got out of the car. The taller one had shoulder length brown hair. He was wearing a red flannel over a black T-shirt. Over that he had a brown jacket. I raised my eyebrows. It was a fairly warm day.

The other man was dressed similarly with a blue flannel and gray-green jacket. His hair was shorter cut and spiky on the top.

They glanced around before walking up the porch.

"Hi." The taller one said. "I'm Sam this is my brother, Dean. We're here to-"

"Fix the roof." I finished, cutting him off. "Yeah I know. My mom said."

"No we don't-" Dean started.

"Have our tools with us." Sam cut his brother off.

I gave them a weird look. "Yeah, sure. You wanna see the roof?"

"Yeah that would be great." He gave me a tight smile.

I shook my head and lead them towards the barn.

"Sam, what are you thinking? We don't know how to fix roofs!"

"Actually I do." Sam told him, skirting the outside of a puddle. "Remember that summer I spent with bobby while you were hunting with dad?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Dean asked grumpily.

"I got a job as a repairman then." Sam explained.

"Dude, that was, what? 15 years ago?"

"I've done roof repairs since then!" Sam protested.

"Really? When." Dean scoffed.

"Bobby's roof." Sam said. "Most of the safe houses."

I stopped, my hand on the ladder. "If you're done?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sam nodded. "Yeah we're done." He told me, kicking his brother when he opened his mouth.

I shook my head and climbed the ladder.

"Morning, Ma." I greeted, kissing her cheek. I picked up the laundry basket from by the door. "The roof men came by. They ran into town to get some supplies."

She smiled. "Thanks, Cass."

I lugged the heavy basket to the laundry room and started throwing the clothes in the washer. I shivered as the air grew suddenly cold. Throwing the last few pieces of clothes in I shut the washer, glancing around.

"Damn AC must be broken again." I muttered, starting the washer and walking out.

I didn't notice the shadowy figure watching me from the corner of the room.

I watched the brothers argue as they worked on the roof, the sounds of the hammers ringing clearly over the chatter of the chickens. For all their arguing they were nearly finished with the repairs.

I shook my head and headed for the shed to get my tools.

Picking up my tool box I checked that all the tools were in place. The air grew suddenly cold and I frowned. It was the middle of fall but we didn't get cold flashes here. Slowly I turned around, the hairs at the back of my neck prickling. Behind me a figure stood, glowing with a pale blue light. I screamed.