What if I Had Lost You?

Characters: Sam, Dean, sister!reader, Jody.

Words: ~1870

Warnings: angst, angst, angst and more angst. torture, possible reader death. I think that's all. This is basically pure angst.

A/N: It's angst day kiddos! This is my entry for Taylor's angst day challenge. My prompt was "What if I had lost you?" which is bolded in the fic.

 My prompt was "What if I had lost you?" which is bolded in the fic

"Why can't I come?" You begged. "I'm not a baby anymore!"

"I said no!" Dean shouted. "I will not let you hunt with us!"

"Why?!" You shouted back at him. "I've never missed my shot! Even when it's a moving target!"

"Because it's too dangerous!" He yelled. "I'm not going to let you come and get hurt!"

"You and Sam get hurt all the time!"

"That's different."

"How is it different!" You shouted.

"Because it's me!" he shot back. "You're not coming, end of discussion!"

He spun around nearly running into Sam who was standing in the doorway.

"Get in the car Sam." he snapped stomping around him.

"Jody will be here in a few minutes to watch you while we're gone." He told you.

"I suppose you think I'm a baby too." You muttered shoving past him and stomping to your room, slamming the door on the way.

Jody found you curled on the floor of your room, your sketchbook and pencils on the floor next to you. Crumpled papers and half finished sketches scattered around you. Smiling she pulled the blanket off your bed and draped it over you. Picking up the sketch book she put it on your desk before gathering up the papers from the floor and stacking them neatly. Slipping out she left the door open and went to the kitchen to make dinner.

You sat up, the blanket slipping from your shoulders. Rubbing your eyes you looked around not having remembered falling asleep. Pulling the blanket around you again you padded barefoot down the hall to the kitchen.

Jody smiled as you walked in. "Hello sleepyhead!" She greeted you.

"Hi." You said, forcing a small smile.

Jody saw right through your half smile. "Come here." she told you opening her arms for you. You let her pull you into an embrace, her arms wrapped rightly around you.

After a minute she let you go. "Would you like something to eat?" she asked.

You shook your head, too angry and sad to be hungry.

Jody frowned but didn't try to make you eat, instead suggesting you watch a show together.

The next morning you grabbed a bite to eat, throwing your backpack over your shoulder as you ran out the door, throwing a quick goodbye over your shoulder.