12 • My Dad, and Stranger Friend

*Re-written*
___

"Dad? Why do I keep on hearing voices when I try to sleep..?" I asked, curious. It took dad a while to answer. "Its just normal to happen."

I nodded.

"Hey, dad! I wanna talk to people again!" I said. "Don't we have a schedule on when you're gonna talk to people?" Dad asked me. "Yeah.."

"When was the last time you talked to a person?"

"Yesterday.."

"And when is the next time you're supposed to talk to someone?"

"Next week..."

"Correct. Now be patient, please."

"B-but, dad! I'm really bored!" I said. It gets pretty boring here, in this weird colored world. As a six year old, I have no friends, I'm one of those "homeschooling" weirdos. Whatever "homeschool" means.

"... Alright. Just get back home early, okay?"

I excitedly nodded, while looking at my dad. He smiled, I smiled back. "Come on, go choose."

There were three choices. One, an emo girl scrolling on her phone. Two, three brown haired siblings watching television. Or three, a blonde guy playing something on a weird phone-like device, I guess..?

The second choice seemed really good, so why not? I smiled a little, as my hand went to go touch the second screen, instead... My hand touched the third screen for some reason.

Well, it's just a guy playing something on a device. I'm sure I can talk to him.. Right?

I ran to the "door", before I left, I waved goodbye to dad, he waved back. I then exited. . .

• • •

[Change of POV:  ??? POV]

As I was playing on Nintendo a game of Legends of--

From the corner of my eye, I saw my tv turn on. I got confused, I could've sworn I unplugged it. I quickly paused the game, I stood up, placed my Nintendo on my bed and walked behind the tv.

It's unplugged.

"What the fu-" I got cut off, by hearing static. What the hell!?! I quickly checked the tv screen, it was glitching out. I grabbed the remote and tried turning it off, it won't work.

I slowly backed up. I wanted to call for my parents, but they'll just think I'm stupid. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds.

The static slowly faded away...

I opened my eyes and almost screamed, but a light grey hand covered my mouth. Jesus, they're probably six or seven and I'm twelve, I feel embarrassed.

They took their hand off, I huffed. "Who are you!?" I asked, scared and confused.

"I'm Shairah."

They.. No. She said. I don't get why she has light grey skin and dark grey hair. All she's wearing is a black sweater with two white stripes, grey shorts, white socks and black shoes. Oh, she has black eye sockets..?

"... What's your name?"

"O-oh, um, my name is Ben." I said,  then awkwardly chuckled. Shairah smiled, "What are you playing there?" She asked, as she was pointing at my Nintendo.

"Legends of Zelda, wanna try?"

• • •

After one month, me and Shairah became close friends. I was in my room, playing on my Nintendo, the usual. Suddenly, my dad called me to go downstairs.

It was night time, mom and dad had some guests over at the backyard, where the pool is. I'm guessing dad wants me to introduce myself to the guests. I sighed, I paused my game and left it on my bed.

I left my room, walked downstairs, then walked to the backyard. "Yes, dad?" I asked, quietly.

"Introduce yourself to the guests."

My father said, as I can tell he was drunk, same goes to mom. I can just smell the beer. I was disgusted. I turned to the guests, as I was about to introduce myself, I felt someone push me into the pool.

I fell into the pool. Worse part is, I don't know how to swim. I kept on flailing my arms. I tried calling for help, but nothing came out cause of my fear. Eventually, I fell into unconsciousness. . .

=

' ' You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? ' '