1| With the Flow

I exited the university's main entrance and took a deep breath, by the trees taking off it's coats and replacing it by nude colors, by the wind brushing through my hair and by the crunchy steps my feet whispered with the leaves on the ground, I knew that my favorite season has arrived.

I looked at my watch to see that I still had three minutes until he said he'd arrive. My car had to be taken to the mechanic's shop, so we agreed that he'd pick me up and we'd have lunch together.

Two more minutes.

I sighed and waited for him, sitting on a wooden bench. I sat crossed legs, arms on the back of the brown bench, head tilted to the back and eyes closed, just living in the season and breathing as much of it as possible.

"Elo," a voice said and I felt the bench beside me shake of the action of someone sitting down.

I already hated whoever got me out of my own little world, so with a heavy glare I greeted the trespasser.
And boy did I have the right to glare!

It was that guy, Will.

Your usual player, trashy, excuse of a man who jumps from girl to another, taking woman as nothing but walking tools. I hated him for such disrespect and loathed him for his vile ways.

What made it even worst was that his next target, was me, apparently. I would've gladly slapped the hell out of him, but unfortunately, I would lose my scholarship and be kicked out of it.

"You still here, hotness" he said all smug, and I wanted to gag. Apparently ignoring him won't shut his ass up. So, I turned to face him and then stood up and walked away.

What's the point.

But of course, I heard something I did not want to hear, which was the sound of his steps following me and he put his hand on my shoulder.

I stopped and fully faced him this once, was about to do some of my ha-ya kungfu, but My eyes caught a  familiar reflection of green irises coming towards me from behind the asshole.

So I halted my awesome skills and jogged in Harry's direction. A little idea popped in my head while the distance between us was getting shorter and shorter.

The moment I reached my best friend, I put my arms around his neck. I pulled his body close to mine, chest to chest, buried my face in his neck and whispered in his ear "Go with the flow, Haz".

I should have won an award for how hard it was ignoring those electrifying shocks I kept feeling. Goose and bumps decorated my skin, which thankfully was hidden by my long sleeved maroon shirt.

Harry looked at me confused for a moment, but narrowed his eyes when I tilted my head towards the astonished standing guy that goes by the name rubbish, I mean, Will.

I linked my arms with Harry and walked together towards the guy, who still was frozen.

"Will, this is my boyfriend Harry." I lied. Looking at will who was looking between Harry and I like we were aliens together.

"So, maybe, oh I don't know, you should back off already—"

"Was he-, Were you flirting with my girlfriend ?!" Harry said, his voice stained with warning and anger, immediately after I spoke, his eyes widened and in one move he was holding Will by his collar. His height easily towering over Wills'.

Harry was ready to punch Will, because I have told Harry about him, and I have made the mistake in calling Will by his name in front of Harry, and now poor little tough Will is getting the best of it.

"No mate, I-I was just saying hello,  d-didn't know she was taken, mate" he stuttered and then looked at Harry with pleading eyes that Haz responded with a glare but let the guy go after threatening him slowly,

"Not even a glance at her side anymore, back the hell off, she's mine"

The moment these words were registered in my mind, my heart beat twice more. I sank more and more, into the pit of being in love with someone unreachable.

Wow, he's really going with the flow, I thought.

After Wills' clumsy departure, I turned to Harry and hugged him again. His features turned soft again and I earned a smile of his that made me forget all about Autumn, and have a favorite season of my own.

"Thanks Haz, that was some nice pretending" I said the sour words while walking towards Harrys' car, but he wasn't following. I looked back and saw him standing still in his place, looking at me. His eyes so green, Standing out from all the orange color that was taking over and sparkling like stars in the night, leading my way.

"Damn it Ella, when are you going to open your eyes and see just for once ?" He said, his hands rubbing his temple. He came closer to me and closer and I just kept moving backwards until I met with the familiar bench.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I was not pretending just now. I almost lost it when I saw him kissing your cheek the other day. I was about to punch him for the looks he was giving you"  he growled and stepped closer so that I fell and sat on the bench again and he was hovering over me.

"But most importantly, I am so lost in you. I am so done for, when it comes to you. I went crazy when you pulled me close, a few minutes ago." Harry spoke so calmly and gently to my eyes, as he let his finger wonder up and down my cheek. 

"Simply, Ella, I love you"

Deep and confident was his voice when he told me the words for the first time, in autumn, on a wooden bench. Where you could here through all the peoples' blurry chatter, my heart beat. Louder and louder. Faster and faster.

I took Harrys' hand in mine and put it on my heart so he could feel the running pulse.

"I love you, Haz—

—It's always been you".