34| First Date

She called me in the late late night

The rain was our own own light

The moon danced
The stars enhanced

When her eyes were in my sight

I let out a chuckle and turned the volume of the song a pitch higher.

It was a beautiful day.

Harry and I were in our car driving on the highway and on our way to his hometown because in a week we're having our wedding. Simply.

All our families and friends have been breathing down our necks day and night.

'Ray, try this'

'We have to see that setting'

'No Ray, get away from Harry'

They were unbelievable. They had me barely see Harry, apparently it's a bad sign to do so before the wedding.

My foot.

Even when we were about to get in our cars and 'roadtrip' they were about to jump in the car with us. Like hell I was allowing that, and this is the first time in three months I was having some alone time with Harry without having him sneak into my room after everyone went to sleep.

It's like we were teenagers, not about to get married.

Anyhow, this ride was a precious moment that I would always have a picture of in my mind. Harry was driving with a hand on the wheel and the other casually tickling my skin.

He would smile at me occasionally flashing me his dimple, or he would hum to the song and suddenly raise his voice and sing loudly.

Everything was precious, the little details, the little stubble he wouldn't shave till the wedding day. The veins on his arms matching the muscle that clenches every now and then of his bicep.

I shook my head when my thoughts were taking a dangerous turn, and I looked outside the window.

My eyes widened with what I met immediately, and I screamed "HARRY, turn right, NOW".

I felt the car turn suddenly and a car horn was left behind our trails on the highway. I flenched at the sudden movement but was happy since we turned right on our way to the restaurant I very much missed.

I took a look at Harry to see him scowling at me, "I thought there was a missile about to hit us".

I laughed loudly and in terms of apology I leaned towards his cheek and gave him a cheeky kiss.

His pupil looked at me once but I saw him fighting off a smile, "so why did you turn into a monkey for?".

I brushed off the monkey statement since they were very cute, "because I wanted us to have lunch at this place", I heard a 'hmph' from him followed by a sharp turn in one of the parking spaces.

The food was as incredible as it was four years ago.

This restaurant was very homey and cosy, that was it's theme. Not many people came here because the food was absolutely yummy, because some people are stupid. Yes.

Harry's hand was wrapped tightly around mine and the other around his cup of tea, he would lightly kiss my hand after he'd warm them up from the hot drink.

"You know, this was where our first date was"

He coughed suddenly, and put his cup back on the table, I brought my hand and lightly tapped him on his back, so bewildered by what just happened.

"Love, I'm sort of worried since we both know our first date was in another country", I laughed lightly at that, and looked to see his eyes holding genuine worry.

"No, I know our first day, but to me this was our first date. Do you remember, when we came here four years ago ?"

His eyes moved to the left and his finger tapped his chin, "yes, when I picked you up from the airport". The brightness in my eyes told him he was right.

"So how is this our first date?"

"Well, this is when I knew."

He was waiting for me with a very questionable look.

"We were friends back then, and you picked me up from the airport and brought me here so we can have lunch, but when you went to the loo, two girls were talking and one of them said that she'll give you her number when you get out"

I couldn't help but change my tone when I mentioned the two girls, "I honestly would've smiled that my friend was so popular, but that one time unlike the others, I felt a burn in my heart. That's when I knew things were different".

When I was done with my story, I found my fiancé smiling, very purely. The sun was flashing one side of his face and his dimple had a stronger shadow. He looked so handsome and relaxed, matching the scenery behind him.

"Is that why that day you suddenly whispered in my ear something very random ?"

I didn't remember that, and It was clear on my face I didn't.

Harry stood up and sat next to me. One arm came wrapping around my waist and pulled me closer to him that I smelled the cologne I sprayed on his neck this morning, his other hand was placed on my jaw. Thumb below the jaw line, holding it like I would move away from this heaven.

He then brought his lips close to my ear that I felt his soft breath on the side of my neck, "Is there hand soap in there or is it a sanitizer ?", he whispered to my ear, and lingered just a few more seconds to have me shiver from his actions.

I stared at his eyes and thought how even after all these years, he still turns me into a teenager when I'm with him, even a random sentence of his turns me into a feather.

He smiled and went back to his place, leaving me breathless, "That was unnecessary, you could've told me from your place", I told him taking a sip of my now very cold tea.

"Well, acting it out will make you remember it for sure", He chuckled and continued, "and never forget it as well".