35| Prego

"I don't understand"

"How could you not tell me?"

I was pretty sure my face have been blank for the past ten minutes.

Harry was stood shooting me with the most confusing question, and I had no idea what was he on about.

Nothing.

"Well I didn't think you'd care!" I replied, waving my arms dramatically.

I could see more of his green eyes now that he opened them wide with surprise like he couldn't believe I just said that.

"Are you serious?"

I swear I took a moment to go over everything that's happened. I am sure it has nothing to do with him, I simply got a my brother a job at my company, that was the news.

I told Harry these news a week ago, hell, he helped me surprise my brother.

Whats he going crazy about ?!

I put my arms around my waist, moved towards him, "look husband," and I shoved my face towards his, "I didn't think it would concern you, I mean you did what you had to do and that's it done! Now you leave it to me", I ended the conversation with a pointer towards my chest.

Harry still had his eyes open wide that I'm getting worried, he didn't blink once, and he kept getting shocked by every little word I was saying.

He's being so dramatic.

He pulled away from me, looked back at my clearly confused face and then ran his fingers through his hair, repeatedly. A habit I know he does when he's frustrated.

"I can't believe you're standing infront of me and saying these words right now" He started talking calmly, and when I wanted to speak he continued, "we took bloody vows, did they mean nothing to you ?"

Okay, my turn to go crazy. I mean, when did he and my brother take vows.

"Harry, it's not a big deal. You would've heard some day!"

"Yeah probably on the wedding day of our unborn child!"

"What?!" This was literally driving me insane, I have never been so confused in my life, and I took calculus in school.

"I saw the message you sent to your brother"

My face held no understanding, like he was speaking gibberish to me, which caused Harry to elaborate.

"I know you're pregnant"

"I'm pregnant"

"Yes"

"Harry I'm not pregnant, just what are you talking about today ?"

"Stop denying it, Your bother sent a message to you saying you're prego" his voice was kind and soft, like he was afraid he'd hurt me with his words. However, When I finaly registered what he said, I burst out with laughter.

His face turned blank again, waiting for an explanation, and I really wanted to give him one asap, but I couldn't due to, well, laughing.

"Harry," I started after calming down, and I held myself back from bursting again when I thought of the misunderstanding. I came close to him again, I put my hand around his neck and spoke just as softly as he did, "I'm not pregnant, my brother sent me this because I got him the job!".

"Prego means, you're welcome in italian, but see my brothers and I we had this italian book from when we were kids and—, look it's an inside joke with a really long story."

I took him in, his expression, his emotions, everything and being married to this man for seven years meant I knew him better than anyone. I knew he was disappointed, he let out a smile, but a sad one.

"I'm sorry Harry," I pulled him into my arms and gave him, and myself, the warmest hug. We both needed it after this. He clearly was hoping for something, but a stupid joke ruined it, and I regret laughing the way I did. "I am sorry".

He pulled my tighter into his embrace and I felt him smile against my neck, "it's okay, we still have the future—",

"—and I want you to myself for now".