28| Haven

I didn't know where I was.

I couldn't see either.

My fiancé had one of his bandannas around my eyes and he was walking me down a forest, I knew that much.

He let me see where he parked, a forest, but as soon as my foot set down the green path, he put the bloody bandana. However, I did appreciate the soft wind playing around the trees and making the most beautiful music with it's branches, but the bandana was itching me.

"Come on Harry, I'm seeing stars"

He chuckled and pinched my waist in assurance, "we're here, I promise". True to his words we stopped after a couple of steps. I could still feel the soft breeze, and I also hears the sound of a light fall of water.

I felt Harry move from behind me to my front, his fingers lowered the bandana slowly down my face and settled it on my neck to look like a scarf. His smile made me have one too, and I seriously was seeing the best view of him.

"I give you,"

He then moved away and let me see what was infront of us, "this".

It was such a serene scenery. I honestly believe no words will do justice to how beautiful the place was, it was purely the work of nature, green clashing with brown, and the blue of the water stream at the side made the perfect painting.

I felt fingers lock with my own, "you're so thinking of what colors you'd use to paint this", and a chuckle followed his words from both of us, cause we both knew how damn true those words were.

I was so thinking of what color, what angle, what everything I would do.

"It's beautiful Harry,"

"It isn't the best part yet" He touched the crease made by my eyebrows and he pulled me towards a little cottage that was sitting warmly by the stream.

It was an architectural beauty. Simple.

It was made out of wood, matching the trees framing it. The roof had a little chimney that Santa Clause would have a hard time fitting in, and it just felt so cosy. Lucky owners, I thought.

Harry then opened my hand and put a metal key in it. I stared at the key and then back at him, and I'm pretty sure my mouth fell to the floor at that moment.

"No", my words doubting this key was to what I think it is, but Harry nodded and the calendar clearly doesn't say it's April, so this is not a prank.

This cottage is ours.

I put the key in, twisted it and the door had the audacity to open up. The interior of the little wooden haven looked so cosy and warmer than what the outside has given.

It had a huge space with a fireplace and I could see a little kitchen by the side, and when I walked in deeper, I found a room holding a bed and a closet. The best part was, the room had all glass windows showing the most beautiful view of the greens, the trees, the forest and the stream.

I looked back at Harry and he was a view by himself, with his smiling lips. "What is this", I asked him obviously knowing what it is but needing to know the details and I didn't know what to ask, I was speechless.

"Well, I thought we'd need a place to escape it all, you know. This is a private land, no one would dare come in here. So, its just me and you, in this little woodsy flat" he brought our hands together and kissed mine and brought to his again.

The smile on my face mirrored his, and I couldn't express how ecstatic I was, I threw myself and hugged the life out of him. His laughter was the music I was longing to hear, and I would gladly listen to this for eternity.