2| Encounters

This was my moment.
I could not believe what my eyes were absorbing in. It was the definite meaning of when a dream becomes reality, and let me say it for the heck of words, it was not easy.

I was stood in a long, velvet, maroon dress that complimented my body with elegance. My hair was tucked in a braid and I had it in a bun, with a few hairs loose in front of my ears.

I looked pretty damn good.

I had to, since this was my gallery. I was the artist, who's paintings were being studied and observed by all these people. My heart was about to burst from the amount of pride and happiness I felt at that moment.

After many years of people telling me my art wasn't 'art', but it was always a bit more creative and different. After various rejections from many representatives, I have opened my gallery. How ?

I don't even know.

All I received was an email explaining how the CEO of an art company has seen my work and approved. They told me to send them more of my art, to study and see if I am worth a shot or not.

And guess I was worth a shot.

I have no idea who this 'CEO' is, or what does he want, all I know is that it's a he, but I am thankful none the less. Thanks to him, people are actually getting over their stereotypical opinions on art, and are understanding more of what I have painted.

Just because I don't paint sunsets or sunrises, I was judged. I didn't paint faces or characters, I was rejected. Instead, I painted all elements together. Now, I studied their eyes as they observed my painting and I could tell that they loved my work.

"I have to say, Miss, your work is unique and beautifully created" were the first words spoken from behind me. I turned around and like every person I meet, I observed him.

My eyes first noticed his striking green ones, lashes casting over him in a very complementing way. Brown hair cut neatly covered his head, and features that made him look like he could be a painting himself.

"Thank you for your kind words, I just wanted to be heard"

"Heard ?" he asked and I mentally cheered. I was being as vague as possible so he could ask me more and more questions. I don't know why, but he was truly breathtaking and I really hoped he would keep talking to me, so I could get more of him into my memory and paint him later on.

"Yes, Some people are heard when they sing. Some when they recite poetry, but you see, sir, I speak when I paint." He was taking in every word I say, and he was deeply thinking of what I just said. I kept looking at him while enunciating every word, not wanting my eyes to be deprived of any moment without taking him in.

Especially since I have noticed what he had on. It was a suit. A truly unique suit, purple metallic brocade-like sheen suit. Or was it the rings cuffing his fingers. Or maybe his golden heeled boots, that attracted me to this stranger more and more.

He was truly different. He looked like an Ace card in the middle of a chess game.

An Ace card I was looking for all along.

"But Miss, it seems that you have a way with words too" he said while moving his hands into his pockets this time.

I took a deep breath, "but words do no justice to what colors can—" I replied while turning my head to the painting beside me, hanging on the wall, when my eyes fell on my name signed on the corner of each canvas.
"— and please call me Elena, Mr... ". I returned my gaze back to his at the introduction of my name and the questioning of his.

Surprise flashed through his eyes for a moment but turned immediately into a smile like he had a secret.
"I am Harry Styles" he replied with the same smile on his face. He extended his hand for my to shake, which I did, caging his warm hand in mine.

I played his letters in my head, and I tried the sound of his name too. He would look like the Monalisa of the century if I paint him. Excitement roared in my veins as I thought of how many colors I could use on his eyes only. How many different shades of green would I have to use to bring justice to how his eyes look like.

So I told him, I took him by his hand and I led him outside to the garden, away from the noise and the judgement. He followed along with my steps and looked even more surprised when I displayed my request of painting him.

"Okay, I will agree in one condition—".

My eyes narrowed at that. What could he possibly want ? Money ? Recognition?

"— I want to know you better before you paint me"

He left me speechless. Conditions were running through my head, and that was certainly not one of them.

He is definitely an ace card, I thought.

"Agreed." I replied finally and as I was about to ask where do we begin from, his phone rang.

He looked truly annoyed for the interruption as his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes glared at the poor phone.

He answered with a 'what is it' to the person on the line and turned his back while speaking on the phone.

I took this moment to enjoy the breeze playing by, I looked up to see the moon taking it's rightful throne in the sky. Nothing more beautiful than the moon and the stars dancing around.

"Elena, I'm truly sorry but I need to leave" Harry snapped me out of my thoughts, and by the time I registered what he said, there was no trace of him but the sound of his driving.

To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the decade.

For the first time in my life, I have found a guy who I felt attracted to in a way that no other has ever made me feel. Yet, he was taken away with nothing to know about him but his name.

I let out a sigh as I returned back to my gallery, busying myself with the people and forgetting about the best thirty minutes of my life.

When I returned to my flat, after a full day of showing strangers what I feel and being so opened like that, I felt like taking a shower.

It was 12 in the morning when I finally laid down on the bed, ready to dive into my own dreams.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated notifying me of a new email. I opened it to see it's from my representative, the CEO, telling me how my art has really made a statement and how the ratings he received were very high and that he would like to meet with my tomorrow, at his office.

While that made me the happiest I have ever been in a long time, my dreams consisted of a certain green painting.

I checked how I looked through my reflection on the window beside me, before I knocked on the wooden door.

I was about to meet my representative, Finally.

I heard a muffled come in, so I did and I quickly closed the door behind me and turned to look at the my new boss, but soon I needed someone to close my wide opened mouth who fell to the floor.

"Hello, Elena" he said, "what a lovely encounter" with a smile he looked at me, a genuine smile that took my breath away.

My ace card, was my boss.

"A lovely ending indeed" I replied as I retuned his smile and tried to get my breathing in check to be able to function properly.

Guess I will be getting that painting after all.