7| Tension

"How about this one?", my best friend said while holding up a black dress in her hand. I shook my head while I was sat on the bed doing a prefect job at being bored.

Jess huffed and turned to me, "okay, I give up! You're very difficult to please!" She said while throwing herself next to me on the bed.

I sat up straight and pulled the outfit I was planning on wearing to the date initially, pointing it in Jess's direction and raising my eyebrows.

"Fine!", she said bored out of her mind, I chuckled, "wear a casual shirt with jeans to a bloody date!", she continued on complaining, so done with me.

It's true though, who wears that on a date?.... Someone who isn't excited about the date, that's who.

I had this extreme crush on Jess's older brother, Harry. Now, after spending more than seven years with him, everything changed. Now, I am utterly in love with him. Ofcourse he doesn't know that, but Jess does.

As Jess was planning his and my wedding, an occasion that will never take place, all thanks to him. After multiple occasions where he completely dismissed me as his other little 'sister', I was done trying. He would literally label me 'family' every time he'd see me, and that made my blood boil, and chest ache. He would make me feel as if he's older than I am by twenty years or so, when in reality I am twenty years old, and he is twenty two.

So two days ago I was asked out on a date by a guy from college, and I agreed. Supposedly he'll be here in thirty minutes and we'll be going to a restaurant for dinner.

After receiving many glares from Jess and her trying to hide my clothes, I was ready. I don't know if I'll ever move on from Harry, but I am at least trying. Maybe this date won't do the job, but the next one will. Hopefully.

I was tired of getting my heart broken.

At the ringing of the bell, I tied the two laces on my sneakers and opened the door, welcoming the person behind it.

Caleb, my date, was looking good, I'll give him that. My damned brain, though would keep comparing between this guy and the thief of my thoughts.

"Angela, are you listening?", a voice snaps me out of my thoughts, with a shake of my head, I look at Caleb and I put a smile on my face, "yeah, I'm fine, let's go.

"That's not what I asked you," he says lowly, brows furrowed, but returns my smile anyway. Caleb is a sweet guy, nice, smart and quite good looking, but he is not him.

I mentally groan at my stupid thoughts, and try and relax myself in the car seat that I was sat on now. Caleb pressed on the paddle, and we were off to the 'oh almighty date'.

Through out the drive, Caleb and I spoke a little about everything, and I have noticed that we don't have a lot in common, and I said I'd give this a shot of I felt any slight even attraction towards him, but it was negative. To all.

So, I'd tell him later that this would be the last of us. My eyes turned to the window, and resting my chin on the palm of my hand, I thought about how familiar the car behind us looks from the side mirror.

The date was going well, and smooth. We talked and laughed, but like two friends. That's it. When our desserts were put on the table in front of us, Caleb was coming out from the toilet and while walking back to the table, all of a sudden, he tripped and fell face smacked on the table.

From the horror of the situation I stood up with my eyes opened in surprise. I went around to his side and offered help but he denied and he kept muttering words like 'stupid' and 'clumsy' and others I didn't understand.