22.5 | Fighter Style

Part II

It was bright

Too bright that I would've thought I was sitting on the sun, if it wasn't feeling so cold.

I have been knocked out before in my old days when I started boxing, but that was so long ago. I just had to open my eyes slowly and not move my head suddenly, that will save me from a pain that's like a hangover.

The brightness swept through the window, and by the window was a shadow that was leaning against it, but that shadow had a gray vapor coming out of it.

"Nasty sight"

My voice made him turn and look at me blankly. He then smashed the head of the tube in the plant by the window and took his place on the couch beside our bed.

"I hate seeing that cigarette between your lips" He still said nothing and kept looking at me.

"Don't you care about your lungs Mr. I am all healt—"

He stood up abruptly, my head turn to his rapidly which made me hiss out of pain.

"My lungs" was the first thing he said. He walked two steps and kept repeating 'My Lungs, she says'.

Suddenly his back wasn't facing me anymore, "You care about my lungs! You care about my health?! But you didn't care about my sanity when you fought with that tree right ?! You didn't care about me losing my entire mind when I saw you right infront of my eyes fall and hit the ground!"

"Harry—"

"NO! This is not something you can apologize for and I let it go! You told me not to fight the guy, then you go yourself and fight him off and then you're worried a cough may kill me."

"I didn't think you'd— "

"Yeah cause you don't think! You just do without making any—" He stopped to groan and punched the wall.

He was seriously frustrated, the poor wall taking it all in, and I was angry too now cause my head is pounding all efforts out the damn window.

I didn't say anything, nothing I'd say now would make him better I know that, eleven years with him taught me that. I put my head in between my palms and breathed in the silence.

I heard his footsteps leave the room, maybe it's better that he left, we both needed a break from this. However, I didn't have time to dwell, as I felt a warm hand touch mine.

I looked up to see him frowning at me, his hand holding a pill and in the other was a glass of water. I took it and laid back, my back against the bed post and Harry took a seat on the couch next to me.

"Can you hear me out ?"

He didn't reply and sat frozen on the couch looking at the wall. "You would've done the same thing." Thats what I'm starting with, I can't tell him I didn't want him to be hurt, and I can't tell him how I was seriously going to win if it wasn't for him distracting me, that won't help.

"If I had a fight like that one, you would've literally tied me to our bed, locked the room, the flat, broke our cars and sat outside the door with an axe" that made him look at me and I just raised my eyebrow cause we both knew what I just said were facts.

I dared to take his hand in mine, and tangled my fingers with him, when he was about to reject my touch I spoke again,

"I love you, my fighter"

His body was tense and when hearing my words he unwinds a little, he still wasn't giving in so I straightened up and cuddled with him in the couch, bringing him close to me or maybe me to him.

"What spell do you use, woman"

I smiled at the words that left his lips and soon his arms were fixed around me carrying the both of us to bed, leaving the couch behind. I put my entire being beside his and listened to his heart pump, reminding me that he's here, he's the present.

Finale