3| His Light

She put the last dish on the rack, leaned on the counter and sighed. It has been four hours, and the door hasn't moved yet.

Everything laying still, whenever he left.

Alex knew sleep was out of the picture, not even a choice to be thought of. Without her Husband's arms warming her up, and his tattoos singing her to sleep, it would be a time full of twisting and turning in bed.

Why bother write about them if nothing would suffice for what they have. She had more feelings for him than the word 'love' can actually take. It would have to go to another limits and words to explain him in her point of view.

It all came to a stop when she met him. When he saved her, a girl he didn't even know. She found him and looked. Looked through his soul and maybe just maybe, she'd like to know him only, but she didn't. Instead she fell hard and deep in with all she's got in eternal love with him.

So she waited, and it's two hours past midnight.

But it was a couple of minutes more when the door finally opened and closed shut in relief. With that being heard, she immediately left the place she was sat on, and met him at the door.

Harry was dark and cold, He is exactly what they could put a picture of next to the word dangerous in the dictionary, captioned with 'stay away'. And he lived up to it, but he was different.

And she knew it.

He had the tattoos, but each one of them decorated his skin with a story behind. He had the piercings, but each to erase a painful past nightmare he once felt. He had the ruthless attitude, but never to her.

Never cold, dangerous, dark, to her.

She was different, and he knew it.

He never expected in his life that he would actually be attracted to someone that much. She was unique, and alien to everyone else around her. It was really fast how he fell in love with her, but he never felt anything more real. He was a fighter, yet his feelings for her were his strength. He was a boxer, yet she was his greatest weakness and made him undefeated.

When he was sinking deep into a quite dark sea, she was his light.

Their eyes met at the door and they both sighed in relief and pulled each other close, greeting in action instead of words. They always assumed the worst. Maybe it's because they have been purely happy and content for a couple of years now, life was waiting for the perfect moment to screw them over.

"You're my home" He whispered in her ear.
Alex pulled away first to have a look st him, and she would've given him a smile if it wasn't for how he looked like at the moment, Harry knew that so he tuned his face away from her, but she put her warm fingers on his jawline, and gently pulled his face towards her vision line.

He had bruises. A cut lip. A bleeding cut above his eyebrow from a previous fight. A, A, A... many painful, hurtful details scarred his face. It was too agonizing to see someone you more than love hurt and in this shape.

His hand went up the path of her cheek and his thumb reached it's destination and wiped the tear away. Just like wasn't feeling any pain, she didn't know she was crying.

"Don't cry, love. I am fine, I promise" he tells her, he always does, and he wasn't lying. It takes a look into her eyes to heal him over, and to make him wash his pain away.

She takes his hand and leads him to the stool in the kitchen, seating him down. Her hands find their way into fetching the first aid kid, and she starts her night routine.

It was silent between the two of them. He was thinking, would this be the night that she tells me she's had enough for me ?. She was thinking, would this be the last night we spend together before I have to send him to that death ring again ?

"Talk to me, Lex" he whispers to her his eyes meeting with her eyes, but hers are focused on his wounds. She stops for a moment, closes her eyes and resumes her work again.

Suddenly he grabs her wrists, gently. Always gently, when she wants him to be. He pulls her face towards him and talks to her eyes.

"I need you to tell me what your thinking!" His voice was still low and slow. Making each word take it's rightful place in the script going between them.

She looked at him seeing many things in his eyes but she found one that was foreign to him but familiar to her, and that was fear.

So she spoke, she told him how scared she is. How she she can't take anymore nights wondering weather Harry would return home, or someone else telling her something that would break her away. She told him how much she hates the number seven because that's when he leaves, and the number eleven because it never comes fast.

She hated that life, but she loved him.

Silence was the only thing soothing the made for eternity souls, Harry didn't speak calculating his words carefully. He finally pulled Alex close, her legs around his waist and her neck buried in his neck, when a loud sob escaped her involuntarily. She has noticed she became a little too dramatic lately.

"I've been meaning to tell you this, I found myself a job in the country side as an engineer for a factory they're opening soon, and they're giving us a house nearby, and I spoke with the hospital there and you could continue working as a nurse if you want." He told her now, keeping his slow speed so she would take in every word. Alex was surprised, she didn't know this.

Harry graduated with an engineer bachelors degree, but because he had tattoos, piercings, they labeled him basic and never gave him a chance to even show them how intelligent he is.

"I didn't want to tell you until I made sure of everything first, and now that I am they're waiting for my reply and it's all your choice now" He said before she was about to ask for the reason he hid that from her. She was ecstatic with what she's heard, and Ofcourse she would move now if they could, but was he happy ?

"Harry, will you be happy there?" She had to know, it's his choice too.

"Love, do you honestly think I enjoy returning home everyday bruised up to you flenching each time you touch me ? Or do you think I enjoy the time I am wasting of my life away from you ? Plus, I have found a gym in the area and I could also teach boxing to, you know, keep my hobby growing." 

He looked in her eyes while cupping both her cheeks while saying his next words,
"Most importantly, do you think, I would be anything but happy in a place you're there? Nothing, nothing comes close when it comes to you, I'd  follow you to hell, love."  He kissed her nose lastly.

"I love you," she started, "I'll go anywhere with you, you have made me the happiest woman on earth right now." She grinned, grasping as much of reality as possible, worried it would turn into a dream any moment now.

"I love you" he told her just as fiercely giving the word it's assigned meaning.

She hugged him closer and they laid there. Silence now congratulating the both of their dancing souls, for more and more years of bless.

He always tells her she's his light, but he was her colors.

Things will change now, to a new pages waiting to be flipped in their story.

To a new city, a new beginning,

Things will change now, especially since Harry will be a father.

and he doesn't know that.