14.5| Their Queen

Part II

We were always together.

We were not two pages in a book, we were one. He was the introduction, I was the ending. If he started a sentence, I'd finish it.

Sometimes I think wether to damn the day I met him, or the day we broke.

We were together since the day our mothers gave birth to us, and honestly sometimes I blame my mother for meeting him. We took our first steps together, our words, our cries, but as we grew, our feelings took further steps as well.

And they were mutual.

A wedding took place when we were 26, and it was the best 'I do' I have ever said in my life. A honeymoon in Europe, and coming out of it so blessed and happy, life had to screw us over.

That's when our fathers showed up and told us the truth.

They turned our innocent minds that day into dark ones, they showed us how our reality was dressed in a lie costume, and ever since that day it never was the same.

The past was forgotten, and we grew not only a year but thirty that day.

We both understood how they were leaders, far away from politics, much powerful leaders.

Mafia leaders.

They threw us into that universe, made us know our responsibilities. Know that we're different from other gangs, that we're fair. I don't know wether I believed them because they are of my blood, or because of Harry.

The problem wasn't that, but the enemies that were automatically assigned to us. I thought they wanted us dead, fallen, but they were worse than my wild imagination.

One day, while Harry was away and I was left at home with my six months years old son, Grace and Luck decided to close an eye.

Men I've never seen in my life broke my house down, and killed all guards, Put me down, and took him.

They asked me questions, one after another, and whenever I'd refuse to answer one, they'd kill.

A soul for an answer.

At one point, I thought they took mine too because of the coldness, numbness that I felt. At one point, I blacked out, I went blind and recognized nothing and heard null.

That's how loyal we were.
How loyal I was.

Maybe I was selfish, for protecting him and costing us all those men.

But no one knows what they'd do for love.

When Harry returned, I was frozen still. I didn't speak for hours. The walls of our home were strange, dark. He was mute even after he found me, I was mute even after he hugged me.

Then when my ears heard an agonizing scream from him, blood shot through my body, my heart grew in size and dropped.

Something was wrong.

The moment to follow was our destruction.

Harry came in holding a towel in between his arms. His face was red, tears flew down his cheeks, one after the other, infinitely.

That towel turned out to be our one and only son, and he was shot in the head, rigidly.

Harry looked broken, absolutely demolished.