32| Soulmate

I kicked a pebble with my feet so it can reunite with the lake I was walking by, and then my eyes met the bridge I passed over weeks ago.
It brought something I've been thinking about for days and I still have no idea what the woman was talking about.

I was on my way to my flat when I saw an old lady on the bridge with a couple of pins, combs and clips in front of her. It truly broke my heart when she called out to people and no one bought anything from her, so I approached her, and I saw a beautiful comb with flower stems braided to it, so I took it. She was so happy when I did and with one look into my eyes, she spoke of something that's been on my mind ever since,

"Beautiful lady, your heart is incomplete till you see a meadow of emerald, stained with red."

At least that's what I remember, I mean, couldn't she just tell me who it is, or where and when can I find him. But no, it has to be a bloody code like some play or show.

I kept on walking and decided to clear my thoughts by sitting on a bench by the lake. It truly clears your mind, a beautiful scenery. My arms were leaned back and neck bent so that I could get as much fresh air into my lungs as possible.

There were a couple of birds on the tree branch in my range of vision, and I couldn't help but feel jealous of birds, or animals in general. They had it easy, relationship wise.

However, that couple's embrace was soon interrupted by loud barking that made them flap their wings away.

My eyes registered one of the biggest husky dogs I've ever seen. He was approaching me slowly then when I raised my eyebrows he placed his paws on my legs and looked at me with his blue striking eyes.

I couldn't contain myself any longer, an my true love for dogs took over and I smiled at him, my fingers pat his head and then I ran them around his neck to massage his muscles and pet his fur. He was one of the most precious dogs I've ever seen.

Thankfully he had a collar on so I took a look for a name, an address anything, and fortunately his name was Ocean.

Okay, fits his eyes color.

Ocean got used to me so he changed his position and sat next to me on the bench, while I still pet his fur, and together we admired the view.

However, the most peaceful I've felt in awhile was again interrupted with a yelling voice.

I felt Ocean put his paws on the ground followed by his feet, and then he turned his head alert to the familiar voice.

My eyes followed what Ocean was seeing and it was a guy running to where we were sat.

When he was close enough, Ocean run and jumped in his arms and wagged his tail when they both dropped to the ground.

"Lad, I've had enough hugs for today".

They both stood up and finally, the man noticed me. He had a messed up curly brown hair, flushed skin from running, and the brightest green eyes I've ever seen, beautiful than any other meadow out there.

"Thank you for stopping him, he's been jumpy lately" his eyes met mine as he spoke and I knew they were eyes to remember. I looked at his hand gesturing to his shirt, and true enough he had a white shirt on with a big red stain on it. I'm guessing the dog had something to do with it.

The guy confirmed my thoughts saying, "He decided it was best to hug me when I was holding a bucket of red paint, open". That made me laugh and I saw him smile in return, even ocean was between the two of us so happy.

"He got annoyed with the smell so he ran" he continued, and I nodded in understanding. That's where he met me, a human smelling less like paint.
Then I realized I haven't said anything still.

"Well he had to smell something better, like this fishy pond"

A loud laugh was heard from him and he shook his head closing his eyes, depriving me of their appearance. I seriously don't understand, but his green eyes are a scenery I wanted to clear my thoughts with.

Hold on.

" your heart is incomplete till you see a meadow of emerald"

"stained with red"

I see it now.

I extended my hand, "I'm Lira" introducing myself to a complete stranger that eyes made me feel very familiar.

He took my hand in his, "Harry".