36| Gang City

It was seriously scary walking in the streets at this time of day all by myself and in this particular city.

A nurse like myself is an easy catch to all the people roaming the streets. This city is ruled by the mafia, not one but multiple and that's what makes it catastrophic.

They all wanted to be kings.

I tried to rapidly move my feet so I can reach my flat but I was truly tired from the very long shift I had at the hospital. At least the moon was watching over me and blessing me with it's beautiful light, making me feel less lonely in this windy night.

I pulled my coat tighter against my body and tried to hear less of every little detail my mind was scaring me with.

When my eyes finally caught my red flat from a few meters away, I felt myself relax and like I had my breath held all the way here, I finally exhaled.

No one in the streets and it was myself and the full moon of tonight.

Sometimes it's too soon.

"Don't move" a voice so rough spoke behind me, and I felt a cold metal at the back of my neck. It was a cold night, yet I felt sweat dripping down my back, but my heart felt iced and racing with fear.

"You owe us money, darling"

"I don't owe nothing"

I knew I made him mad, He hit the back of my head with the metal and pushed me forwards.

First rule of defense, never give your back to the enemy. So I turned so I was facing him and the piece of metal that he has which was a gun. I knew how to fight, and I do think I'm brave but no matter what your made of, when you have nothing and you're facing a gun, that makes your body breath in fear.

Damn it.

I seriously owed him nothing, these stupid gangs think because they rule the city they're providing us with 'protection' so we should pay them for it.

My foot.

"You're only making this worst for yourself, just pay the damn money and we'll leave you alone" his voice was so disgustingly loud and combined with the smirk on his face, I knew I was stuck with a nasty lad.

Paying them wasn't a solution, this will never end. If I pay this month, they'll be back the next one.

"I'm not paying anything" I just as loudly replied, call me stupid, but I would be dead anyway. The man wasn't delighted with my answer, because the next thing I know he's coming towards me with a sinister look on his face.

I see his arm swinging back and with the gun he tried to hit my head but seconds before it does hit me, I catch his arm and slap it away. He is shocked by my action, so I use that and I kick him as hard as I can and I back away from him and start running.

A bang louder than anything I've heard before halts my steps. I turn my head slowly to see a bullet in the wall next to my arm by a couple of centimeters.

"Little ******" he curses out and as I turn again I see him approaching me with nothing to do this time since he has the gun fully pointing towards me.

I've ever been more scared my entire life, and terror was creeping all over me.

Is this it.

An arm suddenly wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from the scene and all I heard was a scream. I closed my eye throughout the entire process, and when I opened them, I saw a man infront of me looking away with narrowed eyes, a jaw that could cut my insides and an angry lip.

He suddenly turned and looked at me.

I thought the full moon of tonight was beautiful, I thought moons and stars only exist in the sky but I saw an entire universe in his eyes. They were that attractive.

Green eyes that looked concerned and familiar.

"Ella" his voice made the fear once existing vanish, he made me warm in this December night. It's like my life came back to me and I want nothing but to cry out.

When his arms wrapped around mine and hugged me close to him, and I felt the pulse in his neck, I knew this is real. I couldn't control my wheel of emotions and I I felt a hot trail of tears run down my cheek.

He's finally back.

"When did you come back Harry?" The words were barley understandable through all the tears and me speaking literally into his jacket.

"Two hours ago, Wifey" he hugged me tighter like he couldn't believe I'm here, and I held on with all my might like he's going away for eternity.

"Come on you two" a voice broke the little bubble we had going on, it was Niall. "We have to go before more show up, he had a tracker on him".

Harry nodded at him and he looked back at me. I saw fear in his eyes and relief, he must've been so scared and I should be too. I was this close to having a bullet go party in me a few minutes ago, but he saved me like he always does.

He took my hand in his and pulled it towards his cold lips and gave my knuckles a soft kiss, never breaking eye contact.

"He's a dead man for touching you"

Harry's eyes had a spark behind them that held promise, as much as I didn't like violence, being married to a gang leader meant I had to get some things used to.

He then pulled me towards him again and hugged me close to him, nothing I can complain about. I let out a chuckle and buried my hands in his pockets, when Niall's voice was all we can hear,

"Oh my God you two, Let's go home!"