19

Luke

As soon as she was warm and comfy, I left and went downstairs. Michael ran through to the living room with Ashton as I sat next to Calum.

"Is she ok?" Ash asked, his leg bouncing up and down.

"She is now... why didn't you just tell her? That's what she is angry about, you know. She isn't clueless,"

"I know, I just didn't want to confirm anything without the tests. She looked so frightened, and I didn't want to stress her out more,"

"Well... how bad is it looking? Truthfully,"

"I've sent everything to be tested as soon as possible so if we start treatment around week, we can manage," Michael said.

"It's gonna be rough. I'd imagine she will be staying in hospital for a long time... we are starting by giving her a bunch of chemo in her spine to rule out anything on her nervous system, then we have to give her more to kill majority. An even more intense round will kill any remaining ones then it's calms down- as long as it works," Calum explained. It was long, and seemed tough, but I hoped she'd be okay.

She would be. She had to be.

"Can you fit her in any time soon? We need to rule out the chance of infection," Ashton asked me, running his hands through his hair.

"Yeah, I'll see her tomorrow. You guys just focus on her treatment. I can look after her at home or in my office,"

"Luke, you don't have to do that," Calum said, randomly hugging me. It had been rough on us all. Emily meant so much to us. Seeing her in pain broke our hearts. Shattered them.

"You guys are going to be working incredibly hard over the next few months, and the least I can do is feed her, and look after her while you sleep and rest. You are sensible enough to know that it's not only impacting Emily,"

I leant into Calum, putting my arm round him. Both of us took a deep breath. We knew how hard this would be.

"Luke!" Emily called from upstairs, only making me hug Calum tighter. He pat my back and we sat up, looking at each other then everyone else. If I hadn't moved in with these guys, I don't know what I would've done.

"Just put a brave face on for her, it's all she needs,"

I settled her down again, making sure she was almost asleep by the time I left. Also crashing, I climbed into Ashton's bed to let her have some space. He hummed but didn't mind.

"Why has no one woken me up, it's a school day," Emily said, walking into the room. Ashton was gone, and I assumed they were all out for work. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, holding her hand as she sat down.

"You're probably not going to school for a while love, I need to give you a checkup today though. We're gonna have to take those baby teeth that have clung onto you, out today, but Sierra will be there. I'm sorry hun, I really am," I said, kissing her forehead when she sat down.

"It's not your fault, I can't wait for my mouth to be sore for the next two years... I love you "

"I'll try and keep it reasonable for you but there's only so much I can do. You know I love you too Emily,"

"Can I wear one of your hoodies? I don't want to get dressed,"

"Yep, I'll make you some breakfast so meet me down once you're done," I said, getting up and leaving.