42

Luke

"Where are we going?" Emily asked for the millionth time.

"You'll find out in like ten minutes,"

"That's too long,"

"It'll be worth it," Calum grinned, patting her on the knee.

"Will loads of people see me?"

"Yes but they won't be laughing at you Emily, I promise,"

She sighed and looked out the window, then back at me. We'd been in the car for at least half an hour and I could tell she was feeling a bit off.

We turned into the car park, paying the driver and getting out the car, surprised she still had no clue where we were.

I held her hand but she decided to grip onto my arm instead, looking curiously around. We scouted a queue that wasn't too long, and scanned the tickets, heading into the theme park.

"Just like you promised," she said quietly, hugging me properly.

"Yeah, but now your visits will be even more boring since you'll know what a real rollercoaster is like,"

She shrugged and walked forward making me take a photo of her. Michael was looking at the map so we all joined him, starting to head towards the giant rollercoasters.

"Are they scary?"

"Um, that's for you to decide," I chuckled, holding her hand again. Bringing her out to a place full of people was the exact opposite to what we should be doing.

Since it was fairly early, we didn't have to wait long in the queue. Luckily it was a row of four.

"What if it's not locked properly?" she panicked, looking down the row. I pulled it out to show that it was then held her hand.

I don't think I'd ever heard her scream so loud.

"That was awesome," she beamed, suddenly having a bounce in her step. Michael grabbed our bag and we left, Emily pulling us towards another rollercoaster. Since we wanted to keep her energy levels up in the day, we made her have a snack and drink in the line.

By lunch, she was exhausted, so we all made sure to eat as slowly as possible. She took her medicine and ate most of her food, so we carried on for a few hours.

We had to ride everything.

"I wish Ash was here," she said quietly.

"Me too," I mumbled, "we will see him soon,"

It went like that pretty much the whole day. We took a bunch of photos together and I don't think she stopped smiling.

"I don't want to leave, I don't remember having a day like this for years," she mumbled, looking back as we walked out.

"Just think about how fun it was," I said, wrapping my arm round her shoulder. It was beginning to get dark and cold, so we tried to find the taxi as soon as possible.

"I'm tired,"

We strapped ourselves in and she lazily leant on my shoulder.

"When we get back, you can shower and eat, then you can sleep ok?"

She nodded and closed her eyes, falling asleep for the whole journey. As soon as we got back, we woke her up so she could shower, and ordered room service. I was pretty tired myself so I couldn't imagine how she felt.

"Luke, I have no pyjamas," I heard her say quietly when the shower stopped.

"Hang on,"

I grabbed her the fresh set of pyjamas and a beanie we brought for her, lightly  knocking on the door. She opened it and took them, pulling me in with them.

"I'm too cold,"

I grabbed a smaller towel and dried her head, slipping a beanie over the top then wrapping my arms round her frail body.

"Room service!" Michael squealed from inside, making us both laugh.

"What did you order?"

"I got you a burger- is that ok?"

She nodded and shivered in my grip. I helped her get changed as quick as possible then made her put my hoodie on. Calum had found a film; we all watched it while we ate.

"Can I call Ashton?" Emily mumbled quietly, taking her phone off the side. I nodded and she called him.

"Hey Emily, you alright?"

He was in public, there was a lot of background noise.

"Yeah, we went to a theme park today. I can't wait to see you,"

"That sounds fun, did Michael cry?" He sniggered, earning a grunt from him.

"You know what, I thought he would too... but he didn't,"

She yawned and laid down, nuzzling her head into my side.

"You sound tired baby, why don't we talk another time? I'm seeing you soon anyway,"

"No, I want to talk now,"

"Come on hun, you need some sleep," I sighed, kissing her head and taking the phone.

"Goodnight Emily, I love you,"