27

Emily

Everyone was right, I woke up feeling tons better. They'd given me medicine last night and my head felt fine. Even though my whole body ached, it wasn't anything I was new to.

Whatever normal was, I felt closer to it.

Tom had tried to call me twice last night but somehow I'd slept through it. That meant I was exhausted, because I was a light sleeper.

Emily:
sorry!!!! I was asleep, hopefully Ashton filled you in. Last night was rough but I've woken up feeling much better. I'm still quite nervous but... it's just a big thing

Learning I'd have no privacy in this house was slightly annoying, the boys constantly coming into the room, but it meant they cared. Harry was next, slipping through the door.

"Sorry I fell asleep last night, I feel awful. Louis told me what happened,"

"It's ok, I was just overwhelmed and I felt rubbish. I'm still nervous to tell the truth,"

"We can work on that ay? Today we aren't doing anything so you can relax,"

I nodded and sat up, my head swirling with pain. He felt my forehead and pulled the cover from my body. I put my weight into his body.

"Do you want to get some breakfast? Everyone else is already up and Liam made everyone eggs,"

"I'm not hungry,"

"Unfortunately hun, we're going to have to be a bit stricter on what and how much you need. There's no room for missing food because your body is really weak," he sighed, rubbing my arm gently.

"Well that is kinda sad,"

He chuckled and stood up, holding out his hand. I slowly heaved my body round, pulling myself to my feet. Liam walked past the door, coming back when he saw us.

"Morning, how are you doing?" he asked, taking my other hand as I made my way to the kitchen. I felt useless, but they didn't judge me at all. I loved that.

"Better than usual, what about you?"

"I'm fine thankyou," he laughed, pulling the chair out to sit me down. He sat next to me while Harry got me some food.

"Sorry I didn't speak to you yesterday, I didn't want to get in their way," he said, smiling.

"It's fine, I don't talk much anyway,"

"That's a lie, even on face time you were talking your head off,"

"Ok, maybe it's not a lie but I'm tired, and I still feel weird,"

Everyone sat down at the table, even though I was the only one eating, and turned to look at me.

"So, what do you enjoy doing?" Louis asked.

"Umm, I haven't really had chance to like, do stuff. I mostly just do school work and watch films. Sorry, I'm kind of boring,"

"What's your favourite subject?" Niall asked.

I played with my food until Harry nudged me gently.

"I like English and history, and biology but some of that can be boring,"

"Yeah, that's why we chose not to study plants," Louis muttered.

"Am I still doing online school?"

"Yeah, it's a lot easier for us. Unlike your last treatment, it shouldn't make you as sick but we have a lot to do and it's going be frequent visits to the hospital," Harry said.

I nodded and put all my focus on eating. It seemed like a chore. Niall got up and grabbed me a glass of water. Smiling lightly, I took a massive gulp and looked round.

They were all relaxed, which made me relaxed.

"Harry, I really can't eat anymore," I said quietly, looking down. I'd almost eaten it all but I was feeling more and more sick at the thought.

"You're almost finished sweetheart, can you have three more mouthfuls?"

I shook my head and felt my eyes burning with tears. There was no good reason to be crying, but I just was. Or perhaps there was a good reason, but I just felt pathetic.

"Okay, don't eat anymore," Niall said, pushing the plate away. Liam pulled me into his arms and kept his breathing steady.

I clutched onto his arm, keeping my face hidden. I was mortified. Harry rubbed my back gently while Louis and Niall cleaned up.

"I'm sorry," Harry said, making me turn to look at him.

"It's not you it's just... everything,"

"Go and brush your teeth and get changed, then we can cuddle and watch movies," Liam said, letting go and wiping my tears.

I'd woken up a bit more and went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth. One of Ashton's tops laid at the top of my suitcase so I put it on along with new leggings. My phone had been charging so I picked it up, seeing a message from Tom.

Tom: yeah, I assumed you were. It's already quiet here without you- I couldn't go to school so I'm with the boys right now. I hope you're doing ok, I know it's hard to trust everyone and there wasn't much time to change, but remember I love you

Emily:
I'm still overwhelmed, I was struggling to eat and Harry wasn't even rude about it, but I ended up crying. I know how you feel, I miss you so much but school is important and it may help take your mind off things. I'm about to watch a film, tell the boys I love them?

Tom:
will do, chill and take it easy. Talk to you soon x

I held my phone tightly as I sat on the sofa between Niall and Louis. The weather had got worse which made the room seem cosier. The fire heated us up and above it was the massive tv. Blankets were sprawled across us all and the sofas were huge.

I settled on Louis' shoulder, contently watching the film. Although I'd rather be home, here was becoming less unusual, and everyone was trying to make me feel welcome.

"Do you want to help me cook?" Harry asked, standing up after we'd watched three films. I knew they'd much rather be doing other things, but for my sake, they did it anyway.

"I've never cooked before,"

"Then it's about time you start! Come on,"