29

Emily

We ate lunch then I brushed my teeth, trying to avoid my ulcer. I sent Luke a stupid photo of me, telling him to wish me luck. I'd probably need it.

On the way there, my nerves rose massively and I couldn't help but bounce my leg up and down.

"He isn't gonna hurt you, I promise he is great at his job,"

I nodded and looked out the window; we were here. Due to the traffic, we were late, so Liam was already waiting for us.

"I was thinking you'd never make it," he joked, "do you want to sit down for me?"

I took my coat off and sat at the end of the chair, suddenly feeling very vulnerable. Luke had told me it would be fine, but in the situation, it was harder to think that.

"I know you're nervous. Louis is going hold your hand and I'm going to go slowly,"

He prepared his new tools and washed his hands, putting gloves and his mask on.

"Can you lay down for me? I'll only use my mirror to start with," he asked. I shuffled back, letting him lower the seat and blind me with the light.

"Just a quick peek, I promise,"

Louis took my hand tightly which I appreciated, as I was more than ready for this to end.

"Good, now I'm gonna use my explorer but you won't feel it,"

"Wait,"

"Emily, it's all looking good, I promise,"

He checked my fillings, then the rest of my mouth, and for the first time, I couldn't feel any discomfort.

"I'm going to clean your teeth and then you're done! How easy was that?" he encouraged. I nodded and closed my eyes, thinking about the calmness of Luke. He made it seem so easy.

"I know you've got an ulcer but you can't ignore this back area Emily, you need to tell me if there's any problems," he said softly. I cringed as he cleaned my teeth but thankfully it was over quickly.

"Well done," Louis said, helping me off the chair. I leant against the counter, closing my eyes until someone's hand was on my back.

"You alright?" Liam asked, coming in front of me. I nodded and sighed, avoiding his eye contact. I wanted Tom. I wanted Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton. I wanted to go home but at the same time, I knew this was where I had to be.

"Why don't you text or call one of them, it might make you feel better," he suggested, gently pulling me into his arms. Louis' phone rang so he left the room, but I couldn't find the energy.

Liam tried to pull away but I whined and held him tighter, feeling him chuckle.

"Let's go home and cuddle on the sofa, yeah? We can call whoever you want and maybe try to do some school work,"

"I'm too tired to walk," I mumbled, sitting back down and swinging my legs. Louis came back in and picked up my coat, standing next to Liam.

"Harry and Niall are on their way home, they're thinking of introducing you to the online school,"

"Yeah we thought that too, she's going to call someone first though," Liam smiled, holding his hand out. I shook my head and covered my face with my hands.

"Do you not think you can make it to the car? You played brilliantly earlier," Louis asked, rubbing my shoulder. I shook my head again.

"Alright, can I pick you up?"

I sent him a thumbs up, confused as to why I'd suddenly lost all my energy. He gracefully picked me up, taking me to the car. Liam was in his own so I could sit in the front.

"I feel so... heavy," I mumbled, relying on the car door to keep me up.

"It can happen. We need to find the right balance of resting and doing things,"

We got home and Harry met us outside, helping me out the car. I felt so stupid.

"All your favourite people are on call right now, Tom is doing his... how do we put it,"

"Awful Irish accent?" I laughed, hearing it when we got inside.

"Yep, that,"

Liam patted the space next to him and Niall, which I gladly sat in, looking up at the tv. Everyone sat on their sofa, Tom leaning into Ashton. I hoped he was ok- he was spending a lot of time with them.

"Hey Emily! How you doing?"

I leant into Liam, pulling a cover from behind the sofa onto me. He wrapped his arm round me.

"I'm good," I said quietly, smiling.

"Did you cook last night?" Tom asked, trying not to laugh.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me, I know you're some fantastic cook and the idea is hilarious, but it was actually quite good," I laughed, flipping him off.

"Excuse me," Ashton scolded, Calum playfully rolling his eyes.

"I wasn't laughing, I swear," Tom smirked, surrendering.

"Yeah, you were," Michael teased.

"Have you played football with Calum yet?"

He nodded and sulked, but Calum had a huge grin on his face. I assume that meant Tom lost whatever they were doing.

"He almost beat me!" Calum said.

"We played it too," Louis added.

"And I've been stuck at the hospital all day," Harry yawned, pretending to fall asleep.

"All day everyday," Ashton laughed.

"I love you guys," I mumbled, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"I'll speak to you later, yeah?" Luke said, waving a little.

I nodded and let everyone else say good bye, falling asleep in Liam's arms.