Michael

The four of us went home, going to our own rooms. I was itching to open the letter so I didn't bother changing.

I was so curious to what she would say, and why she had left us all a letter. Thinking about us should've been one of her last worried considering how much pain she was in.

Dear Michael,

Hi.

Some people may argue that we weren't close because we didn't hug millions of times or cuddle until we fell asleep. Of course all of that is good, but I rather liked our relationship.

It was nice to talk to you, properly sit and talk. You're the one who built up my strength to deal with things on my own and not rely on everyone all the time. You truly inspired me.

Sometimes, you were really quiet and other times you were loud. The unpredictability of it was entertaining to my younger self and I miss the times where you sat with me and coloured until I couldn't think of anything else to say.

Which never happened.

Then when I got older, you were there to hold my hair back when I got sick. You were patient with me and if I wanted to talk, you listened. But you never forced- that's the thing no one else did. You let me gather my thoughts and talk properly and I respect that so much.

They way you mumbled stuff under your breath (yes I heard that) and the small actions you did were so funny to me sometimes. I don't even think you realised you were doing them.

Thankyou for coming on the journey with me. If I'd got a boyfriend or I was going to prom, or anything important in my life, just know I would've turned to you. Please don't regret not hugging me enough or not making me enough sandwiches.

Don't worry about what you didn't do because you can't change it, and even if we could I wouldn't want to.

Seriously, I'm so grateful for everything you've done for me. Through some of the toughest, most challenging and heartbreaking parts of my life, it was so reassuring to know you were there.

And there are so many more people who need you in their life.

Thankyou so much.

Love from,
Emily xxx

Even if she was no longer with us, that girl would always have my heart.

As Calum had once said, there's just something about her that makes everyone love her.