33

Emily

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy, and upset. All I wanted right now was Ash and Tom, some comfort and hugs.

I couldn't eat breakfast, but I wasn't complaining, because I'd probably throw it up anyway. Most meals almost resulted in that.

A nurse helped me changed into my gown then laid me on the bed. She pulled a cover over my legs since they'd have to lift the gown to see my stomach. Niall and Harry walked in, smiling when they saw me.

"Louis is having a meeting right now so you're stuck with us two,' Harry said, moving a pillow under my back which made me much more comfortable. Every part of me seemed to ache.

The nurse numbed my stomach then left the room.

I had no clue what Niall was actually doing because Harry kept me distracted, but it was over within twenty minutes.

Distracting me was easy, as well, because half the time I distracted myself.

"I need you to lay flat for a bit longer but then you're good to go," Harry said, sitting down with me.

I nodded and pulled the cover up more, relieved when they left so I could change. They'd brought the wheelchair since we were quite far into the hospital, so I sat down on it.

"Are you feeling alright?" Niall asked, quickly taking my temperature again. I nodded and smiled.

We got home and they cooked me a meal because I'd not eaten for ages. As usual, I was too tired to do much else so they sat with me on the sofa and watched a tacky Christmas film with me. We'd pretty much watched every single film that ever existed.

Everyone else came home and joined us until I wanted to go to bed. It was later than usual and Harry seemed pleased about it. They'd had me on new medicine and it seemed to be perking me up a little.

I brushed my teeth and changed, climbing in the bed I seemed to live in.

"Have a good sleep, you might go out tomorrow... see how you feel ay?"

I nodded and gave him a lazy high five before going to sleep, thinking about what we'd do tomorrow. Truthfully, I had no where near enough energy.

A loud bang above me woke me up. No one was in my room which was a pleasant change, but I'd also forgotten to call anyone yesterday.

I picked up my phone as the loud nattering upstairs carried on. Then I froze.

I could've sworn I heard Ashton's voice.

But that wouldn't be possible.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I stood up and put Michael's old hoodie on. Everyone seemed to be upstairs but I hadn't tackled getting up them yet so I went to the kitchen instead. Today was proving to be better since I wanted to eat.

"Did you wake yourself up?" Liam asked, running down the stairs and turning on the coffee machine.

"You guys did, but yes I heaved myself out of bed," I laughed, pouring the milk on my cereal. We sat down on the sofa together, turning the tv on.

I heard the front doorbell ring and everyone came running downstairs like a pack of wolves. It was hilarious. I put the bowl back into the counter as Louis brought through a package. He struggled to open it so Niall and Harry had to help, making me giggle.

It rang again, making them sigh.

"Emily, could you grab it for me? It's probably more of Louis' clothes," Liam grumbled.

I looked at the state of me and sighed, hoping no neighbours saw. However, when I opened the door, I didn't expect Ashton and Tom to be standing there.

I stumbled back, covering my mouth.

"Hey there," Ashton smiled, coming into the house.

I leant on the wall but my legs gave way, making me curl up in the floor, crying.

Tom sat down next to me, engulfing me into a massive hug. His aftershave was strong but I didn't care because it was a comfort. I gripped onto his arm while he hugged me, not wanting him to let go.

I hadn't seen them both in almost a month.

Ashton sat down the other side of me, gently pulling me towards his chest. I tried to stop crying but it seemed impossible; they meant to much to me.

"You've done so well, I'm so proud of you," he whispered, kissing my head. He rocked us back and forth for a few minutes until I calmed down.

"How are you guys here, it's a school term," I asked, waiting for someone to help me up.

"A lot of convincing and well... it's no secret that I'm not coping well," Tom mumbled, awkwardly helping me to my feet. I leant against the counter and took a deep breath.

"Come to my room," I said, holding Tom's hand and reaching out for Ashton's. I took them to my room and sat on the bed, wrapping a cover round myself.

"You've been up to a lot while I was gone," I smiled, resting on Ashton's chest. He traced small patterns on my arm and I felt relaxed again.

Just being in there presence after so much had happened was like a dream.

"Just trying to get our mind off things. Right now, let's focus on this... and go and get something to eat,"

"I agree," Tom said, standing up and leaving.

"We're going to make this week the best one you've ever had,"