Calum

I paced back and forth in my room. After her funeral, I didn't know if I was ready to read a letter from her.

But this is the right time- she wanted it this way.

Dear Calum,

I'm not entirely sure how you will react to my death. You have a unique way of going round things but I hope you don't let it build up. Trust me, feeling like you're about to explode is not nice.

What I do know, is that your cuddles are the best thing in the entire universe. You're always there with open arms and haven't ever judged me.

When I was younger, you kept me entertained and calm during my treatment. It was a pleasure to see you again the second time round, despite being a bit more sick. You held me up though, getting me the people to talk to and giving me a chance.

You gave me a chance and never gave up on me. I felt so free and happy in your company, something I wish everyone could experience. Considering the situation, you're very laid back.

If there's one thing I've learnt from you, it's that everything is 10x smaller than I make it out to be. You didn't do it in a mean way either,understanding how stressed I was.

I don't think you'll cry constantly when I'm gone, but your smile will be dimmer and your eyes won't shine. Don't let that happen for too long, the world needs your happiness.

Cal, there are so many other kids who will benefit from you. Even just your good morning as you passed by made my day. You made the smallest actions the biggest.

I love you, thankyou so much for sticking by my side during my life. I'm sorry if I put you through hell during my death but you're one of the few reasons I didn't want to leave. Keep spreading your happiness Calum, the world needs it.

Love from,
Emily xxx

How did I end up knowing such a perfect young girl?