CH 1: Welcome to Seoul!

I was sitting in the airplane playing games on my phone when a voice came on over the speakers.

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will soon be landing in Seoul South Korea so please prepare for our decent."

I was getting all giddy and excited in my seat as I buckled my seat belt. After a 14 hour flight from New York, I'd finally be in Seoul!

After all my late night Korean classes and saving up money for years, I'd finally make my dream come true of living in Seoul!

The plane landed and I stepped out to see the beautiful late night view of Seoul. The starry night sky and lights from the city felt overwhelming as I pulled my bags along into the airport.

I went out to the front of the airport and started digging through my purse to find my phone so I could call a cab. While I was searching through my purse, one of my suitcases started to tip over. I quickly caught the suitcase but I dropped my purse, spilling everything that was inside all over the ground.

I quickly bent down to try and pick up everything as I hid my embarrassed face behind my long dark brown hair.

"Are you okay?" A man said to me as he bent down helping me pick up my things.

I looked up to take a quick glance at him. He looked like he was probably in his late 20's, wearing a jacket with the hood up, a t-shirt, fitted jeans, and a black face mask that covered his entire face but his eyes.

We stood up and he handed me my things and even helped me put them back into my purse.

"Gamsamnida." I said bowing to the man.

"No problem." He said noticing all my luggage.

"Are you a traveler?" He asked pointing to all my suitcases and bags.

"Oh aniyo, I'm living here now." I said putting my purse down.

"And I'm guessing your just arriving?"

"Ne, I just got off the plane."

"Fun." He said sarcastically.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"Ava Lee, and yours?" I asked holding out my hand.

"Lee Hyukjae, but everyone calls me Eunhyuk." He said shaking my hand.

"How old are you? I'm 28." Eunhyuk asked.

"I'm 27." I answered.

"Ah. So are you from America? I mean, your name sounds American but your Korean is perfect." He said impressed.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I said smiling as moved some of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't know, you just seem...different." He said.

Eunhyuk looked at me strangely which made me take a step back.

"Um, are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh mianhae, it's just...Do you know who I am?" He asked.

I looked at him confused as he removed his mask from his face. He had an attractive face, but it wasn't one that I recognized.

"Um, Lee Hyukjae?" I said not knowing how to answer.

He smiled and put his mask back on.

"Yup that's me." He said looking around cautiously as if he was hoping no one saw him.

"Hey Ava." He asked making me turn to him.

"Do you think I could get your number? You seem like an amazing person and I'd really like to see you again." He asked.

I pondered his question for a few seconds in my head. I remembered reading something on Korean dating culture that phone numbers are given out normally, so maybe that's why he asked right after we met.

"Um sure, why not." I said as he handed me his phone.

I put my number into his phone and handed it back to him. Right as I was about to put the phone into his hands, he got a call from someone named "Manager hyung."

"Who's-" but I didn't get to finish my sentence as he quickly snatched the phone from me.

"Um I'll text you later. It was really great meeting you Ava!" Eunhyuk said walking away as he answered his phone.

"What was that about?" I thought to myself as I bent down and grabbed my phone out of my purse.

Once the cab came and I got to my apartment building, I checked in and went up to my new apartment in a hurry. I was excited to call this new apartment mine so I didn't want to waste anymore time. I took the key and unlocked the door and rushed in.

The front door leads right to a small open room with a TV and couch with a door that leads to a small balcony. To the left was the kitchen and small dining table for two. To the right was a small hallway with the bathroom and a closet on the right side and my new bedroom on the left. The bedroom had a two person bed, a desk, closet and a beautiful view of Seoul.

As much as I wanted to stay and just stare out my window, I quickly headed back downstairs to grab the rest of my suitcases and bags. Once everything was up, I face-planted into the couch exhausted. I had to climb up to the third floor of this apartment building carrying all my bags and suitcases by myself, so I felt pretty dead.

I then went into one of my bags and grabbed some of my toiletry things and brought them into the bathroom so I could get ready for bed. I didn't even bother unpacking anything else or even getting pajamas on. Once I had brushed my teeth I went to my room, turned off the lights, and hopped straight into bed.

I closed my eyes and was ready for a good night sleep when my phone went off. I reached for my phone on the side table next to my bed and saw I got a text from Eunhyuk.

Hey, are you up?

I was to tired to reply so I turned my phone off and went to bed.

[To be Continued...]