Chapter 3

[Thank you all so much for reading my stories! You are all so but so amazing! Here above is the trailer of Paralyzed! I am so excited to share all my ideas with you! Make sure to vote and comment!]

_

I don't know where I was going nor did I know if I could trust Alec but he was the only one who was supporting me. I didn't really have a choice. My mother has sent me here and I hate it. My father decided to acknowledge. Decided to not care for me but neglect me... Why did my mother even send me to him? Why? He did not care about me at all. What did my mum think he would? He would have been there all the years before when we needed him but he was not there. He never cared about us or me. I was no child of him. I was nothing to him.

"Ella?" I heard Alec ask. I looked up and looked at him. He has black hair and beautiful ocean blue eyes. I had no idea what he would say but I did not expect him to say something that would bring back my mother. I had no idea what was going on.

For one minute I was in my perfect world and than in one second it got ripped away from me - and I ended somewhere in another world where I never wanted to be a part of. I never wanted this. Not even knowing what I actually am or what my family is like. I don't want this. I don't need this. I want my old life back. So I can go back to singing and dancing together with my mother. Not this...

"Magnus, your father didn't handle it very well but I promise you he will come by." Alec reassured me and I knew it was a lie. Looking at his behaviour towards me showed me enough what he wanted from me and he wanted me to leave. I felt the tears burn in my eyes.

"I want my mother back... None of this makes sense. I don't even know who I am anymore." I said as my voice was cracking. Alec sighed and patted his hand on my shoulder to show a warm - and kind gesture.

"I was once mean to a girl who's life was totally turned upside down... I don't want to make the same mistake again and I will help you, Ella. I don't want your father to feel guilty if something happens to you and may the angel forbid that." He said as he smiled softly at me. I nodded and sighed.

"Where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity as we were both walking on the street. It was still raining just like when me and my mum got attacked. He smiled once again at me.

"We are going where shadowhunters live." Alec said and I looked at him confused. I had no idea what he was talking about. He chuckled softly as he saw the confusion on my face.

"You really remind me of Clary, the redhead." Alec laughed and I smiled awkwardly because I had no idea who she was. He pulled up his sleeve and my eyes widened when I saw the same tattoos which was imprinted on my mum arm's.

"Is this familiar to you?" Alec asked as he saw my shocked and startled expression on my face. I nodded in a instant and held his hand to take a closer look. It was exactly the same as my mother's. "My mum had these tattoos on her arms." I said and Alec frowned.

"But I thought that you were a warlock?" Alec asked in confusion and made me even more confused than I already was. What is a warlock and how is it even possible for me to be one? This all was not making any sense to me. I shrugged and defeatedly looked down at the ground.

"Hey, we will find the answers to these questions." He said and I nodded. We both walked and walked until we finally were in front of a church. It was quite massive but it looked abandoned to me. It looked like no one has been here for years. It was rusty and it had vines on it. The green was mixed with the dark brown and it felt like this building was from a century ago but it was magnificent. I had no idea why but I felt like I was at home which was absurd.

"Welcome, home Ella." Alec said and I looked confused but when he held my hand I saw the rusty old building changing into something new. The rusty building was changed into something very new and modern. The lights were sparkling out of it and I could see people running and walking around. I was amazed by it. We walked into the building and I saw a massive office in front of me. Computers were everywhere and people with the same tattoos were rushing around the whole time.

"Who is this, Alec?" I saw a blonde man ask. He seemed friendly to me as he gave me a warming smile in order to not totally acknowledge me. Alec looked at me and I had no idea how he was going to put into his words that I was his boyfriend's daughter. I think they might even think that the both of us were going insane or they wouldn't believe me.

"This is Ella Bane. Daughter of Magnus." Alec said and I saw the man's expression change from being curious to shocked. He gasped in shock and frowned at Alec. "What?" He asked startled and I started feeling uncomfortable.

"Jace, I don't know a lot but all I know is that she needs our help and she is his daughter. I saw it in his eyes. I could tell that he was shocked by this.  I saw the little sparkling of hope in his eyes." Alec said and I looked down. That's what I definitely did not see. I don't think he had any hope in his eyes for me to be his daughter. He was just angry, angry that I was his daughter and he wanted to get rid of me which he succeeded in effectively.  Jace sighed and nodded.

"You will help her right?" Alec asked a bit insecure and Jace nodded in a instant. "My wife was just like her. Of course I will help her. Let's go and bring her to the others. I am Jace Herondale. Nice meeting you." Jace said with a smile on his face. I gave him a small smile and the three of us went inside. I felt everyone's eyes piercing at me or it may just be my anxiety. I held onto Alec tightly as I was afraid. Alec looked at me but did not say anything.

My heart was beating when I walked into a room. I saw two women sitting next to each other as they were talking and smiling. They both looked at me when we walked in the room. Their smile faded and turned into a confused and curious expression. They both stood up and walked towards us.

"Alec, you know that mundanes are not allowed here." I heard the woman say with black hair and I quickly looked down. At least to someone I just looked like a human being. I was not a shadowhunter or warlock to them because to be fair, I was losing my mind. Alec sighed.

"She is not a mundane, Izzy. She is a warlock and I think a shadowhunter but I am not sure yet." Alec said and I looked up to him. "I don't understand. No one can be half shadowhunter and half warlock." I heard the redhead said which I assumed to be Clary as she was mentioned many times.

"Can you hold this?" Alec asked me and gave me something which almost looked like a pocket knife. I picked it up and gasped when a lighting blade came out of it. Out of shock I let it fall and let everyone startled just like me.

"What was that and what does this mean?" I asked confused. Izzy looked at me and then looked over at the one I assumed to be Clary.

"She is just like you but part warlock." Izzy said to the redhead and she nodded. She came closer to me and gave me a hug - and to be honest, it made me calm down. I needed this because everyone was just assuming who I was or what I was. No one really cared how exhausted I was or how I felt.

"I think she needs rest guys. This whole day has been overwhelming for her.  Alec, she knows you more than she knows us. Just show her, her room and explain her all about this tomorrow. She is about to break." Clary said and I gave her a small smile in order to thank her for understanding me. Like I already knew. She went through the same thing that I am going through now.

"Yes, let's go." Alec said and I quickly walked out of the room. We walked to the hallway. I was done walking. I was done with everything. I did not care where I was going to sleep. I cared that my mother was not around. That's what I care about. We walked into a room and it was designed with blue lines all over the walls. The blue lines were reflecting a bit of white light and it made the room look like you were in the sky itself.

"This is your room. My room is next to yours. So if you need me. I will be there." He said and I nodded. He walked out of the room and that's when my tears started to stream down my cheeks. I cried and cried until I choked on my sobs. I screamed and screamed until I had a hoarse voice. My voice was totally gone and my cheeks were soaked in tears. My room door was slammed open and I saw Alec worried looking at me. He walked towards me and gave me a hug while I was sobbing.

"I need my mum back... I need her." I whispered while I was sobbing and held onto him tightly. My voice was soft and low - and it even hurts to speak. I never went through so much pain. Not when I realised that my father wouldn't be a part of my life. I need her more than anything. She was the only family I had.