Chapter 5

[Thank you all for commenting on my stories! You are all honestly and truly amazing! I love you angels❤️ please make sure to vote and comment! By the 30 votes there will be a new chapter!]

_

"Alec! Wait!" I shouted as I ran after him. He couldn't just leave me like that. He walked into his office and I followed him. I had to know what was going on between my mother and father. Why would it be too painful for me to hear it?

"Ella, you don't understand. This goes beyond Angel's wishes. This was forbidden..." Alec said and I started to think that he was talking about me. Was I an abomination?

"Alec, I have a right to know. They are my parents!" I shouted in anger and Alec sighed. He held me by my shoulder.

"It will break you." He said and I shrugged. I was too eager to find out the history of my family. I had to know where I came from and why my father did not believe me.

"I don't care what it is, Alec... I need to know." I said and he sighed. I had no idea what I had to expect from this.

"Your mother disappeared... She was gone out of the sudden and everyone could see that it had affected Magnus the most. He never opened up about it because all he said was that she had died. Something convinced him." Alec said and I looked at him. He made a sign for me to sit down on the couch and annoyed I obeyed him - and sat down.

"What convinced him?" I asked and Alec shrugged.

"He never talked about it nor did anyone ever found out what had happened to your mother. Let alone thinking that she was carrying a child." Alec said and I sighed. Alec looked at me. I could tell from him that he was too scared to tell me the rest of the story but I had to know... No matter how much it would break me...

"At the time we had defeated Valentine but right after that, a greater evil came. The group called themselves The Darkness and they were after your mother. She had something that they wanted." Alec said and I frowned in confusion.

"My mother said that they were after me but I had no idea why." I said confused. The story made sense but at the same time did not make sense at all. I had no idea how my mother could be a part of a whole different world.

"But there it comes... Shadowhunters are angelic and half mundanes. Warlocks are mundanes and half demon..." Alec said and I had no idea what I had to say. Alec seemed to be scared to tell me what he was thinking.

"We never really came across someone who was half warlock and shadowhunter... We don't think you are angelic... Your mother is not your mother." Alec said and I quickly shook my head.

"No, she cared for me. She is my mother. She would never lie to me." I said in disbelief and Alec sighed. He patted on my hand but I pushed it away and stood up.

"This is absurd. My mother is taken away and we are supposed to go - and find her but you are here telling me that she is lying about my whole life!" I shouted in anger. I felt my anger build up every second. Alec shook his head.

"We don't know if you are a shadowhunter. We need to run tests but what we need to do first is talk to your father. He has all the answers we need." Alec said and I sighed.

"The last time I checked he couldn't care less if I would live or die." I said and my voice cracked. It hurts much more than I had thought. My father did not care for me and my mother may not be my mother.

"We will find a way, Ella." Alec said and I shook my head.

"Since I came here in this new world everything has been upside down. I don't know where to look. My father is not helping me and my mother is gone." I said while the tears started forming in my eyes.

"We are going to Magnus." Alec said and I sighed. "I don't know if I am ready for that..." I said honestly. Alec sighed and came closer towards me. He pulled me in a hug.

"I am here. I know I am not your father or your mother but I will be here for you." Alec said and I smiled.

"Are you now ready to go to Magnus?" He asked and I nodded. Alec and I walked out of his office and he stood in front of a circle.

"What is this?" I asked out of curiosity. Alec smiled.

"A portal." He answered me. The one I made...

"I can make one," I said and Alec looked at me. I did as my mother told me to do. I thought of the happiest memory I had of her and right after that I felt the wind blowing - and I opened my eyes. There was a blue portal. Alec looked at me proudly.

"Hold my hand." He said and I nodded. As I held his hand we both walked into the portal and the next thing we knew we were at the front door of my father's apartment.

Alec knocked on the door and I could see that he was nervous just like me. My father opened the door with a smile but his smile faded away when he saw me. It pained me to see it. Was I such a burden to him? Was I making him that unhappy?

"Alexander." My father said and looked over at Alec. Alec cleared his throat and looked over at his boyfriend. I could feel the awkwardness.

"Can we come in for a second? We need to talk." Alec said. My father's eyes were piercing onto me and uncomfortably I looked down. I had no idea what he would say but I wouldn't be surprised if he would tell us to go away. He clearly made us see what he thinks about me.

"Sure." He said to my surprise. I looked up and Alec gave me a look to walk inside. The chaos we had caused was all gone. His apartment was again neat and you could heart softly music on the background. No one was here. Was he not feeling lonely?

"So what is it?" My father asked. I turned myself around to face him and I gathered all my courage together to talk to him.

"I need to know the whole story. I need to know who I am." I said and my father started laughing. Something inside my heart crushed. He seemed so cold to me...

"I don't know who you are. You are surely not my daughter." He said and right after his words left his mouth he clenched his jaw.

"Magnus!" Alec shouted in anger at him. My father looked at Alec.

"How can you believe her?!" My father started shouting at him. The both of them started to argue and to shout at each other.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed angrily and without knowing every light exploded. The both of them looked at me in shock. I had no idea how I was capable of doing that but at least I caught their attention.

"Ella..." I heard my father say. It made my heart stop for a second.

"Ella! Watch out!" I heard Alec scream in fear. I heard a loud bang and I could feel my body being thrown at the other side of the room. My vision was blurry and I heard a loud pitch.

"Dad..." I whispered before passing out.

[I hope you guys loved the chapter! What do you think Ella is and what the story between her mother and her father?]