Chapter 43

I looked at both father and Asmodues who started to fight. My father was pushed back by the enormous blow that Asmodues caused and when he was finally on his feet again, he turned around, sending a wave of energy towards Asmodues that caused him to fly against the other side of the room. My father wiped away the blood on his lip and was ready to strike again as well as Asmodues who stood up now, getting ready for this.

"Stop this nonsense!" I shouted angrily as I held both my hands up which caused lightening strikes holding both of their hands. When I yanked my hand down, both of their hands was pulled down, preventing them from attacking one another.

Asmodues stared at me startled and my father at this point wasn't even surprised that I ruled out a greater demon as well as him himself.

"I am so sick of this! We need to stop Lucifer before he ruins everything and you guys are bickering here like nothing matters to you!" I shouted harshly and my father looked down in embarrassment as if he felt every single word that I had just spoken out.

"Even if I wanted to help you, I can't. He is my greater. My creator." Asmodues said as he was calming down.

"The angels are the creators of Shadowhunters but a part of them is still human. Just like any warlock here. We are free to rule how we want. Lucifer forgets that. He forgets that he himself was once a angel." I spoke quietly.

"An angel that can be stopped. Lilith killed Ithuriel. I am sure if we work together. We can stop Lucifer too." I said and it looked that I was finally coming through them.

"I don't trust him, Ella. He is evil and selfish. Don't be fooled by him." My father said as he walked towards me and held me by my shoulders.

"Then why did you even come and visit him?" I asked confused. My father looked away from my eyes, trying to avoid me. He exhaled sharply before locking his eyes again into mine.

"Because I wanted him to give me the power that I needed to stand up against Lucifer myself." He spoke out sternly and I scoffed out of disbelief as I shook my head. Tears formed in eyes as I poked my tongue in my inner cheek.

"Seriously, dad? It could kill you!" I shouted angry. It annoyed me. It annoyed me so much. I had lost my mother already but I would die before I let my father sacrifice his life for me.

"You need to give up on this suicide mission because dad I swear to god, I will give myself up to Lucifer if you keep on risking your life like this!" I shouted furious and it felt like my eyes were on fire. I was so angry.

Asmodues stared at me and my father as he just stood there silently listening to what we were saying. He looked frozen at this point. Paralyzed. My father shook his head and weakly smiled at me.

"I won't do that... Just don't do what you just have said." He spoke out a bit afraid. My expression softened as I saw his desperate eyes.

"I will help... and I will stay loyal until the end." Asmodues suddenly spoke and walked towards us. My father quickly stood in front of me, trying to protect me again from his own father.

"I don't need your sweet talks." My father said harshly to his own. Asmodues shook his head and looked down at me.

"I promise you, Ella. I will stay loyal. I will help you and you." Asmodues said and turned his eyes back at my father who still didn't seem to be convinced by his words.

"If you break my trust-" "I won't. I have seen the love you have for your daughter. The love I always thought that I had given to you but..." His voice trailed off and he looked down.

"I didn't. I thought that power gave love... That becoming a true leader or king of something would give you my love but seeing you and Ella, I know I failed in that." He said in a low voice.

My father's shoulder seemed not be so tense anymore. He relaxed himself and looked at his father. I could see his gaze becoming more understanding than he did before as if he finally believed what he said which I did.

I believed that everything that just came out of his mouth was true. I felt his words and I was sure that my father did too.

"I will do anything to help you giving that love to Ella. To help you get rid of Lucifer so you can see her grow up. I promise, I will be honest." He said again and I smiled weakly at him.

"If you do anything, I swear, I will kill you." My father spoke out. I knew that besides Alec, I was the most precious thing to him. Even though in the beginning when he resented me, didn't trust nor believe me, he managed to care for me, give me love. Everything a father would do for his daughter.

My father did that for me.

"Not if I am first." I joked which made everyone slightly laugh. The atmosphere was too serious. I couldn't help but to crack a small joke which held some sort of a honest message.

I would be the one that would end my grandfather if he truly did something that could potentially bring my loved ones into danger.

My father created a portal and together, the three of us walked in it. A sway of dizziness hit me when we were pulled in and in instant we stood in my father's apartment.

"It's better if you stay here for the time being. I highly doubt that the clave will trust you to help us with this." My father said.

"And... to hide you from Lucifer." I said softly and Asmodues just nodded his head.

"We have to get to the institute though. Lucifer made a whole mess here." I said and looked at my father. I felt the sudden urge to hold my hand up and when I did, I caught a letter.

"A fire message?" My father asked confused. I widened my eyes as I read the message that was written on it.

'Where are you Ella? We need your help. Lucifer has Samuel and Alec - Chris.'

My fingers started to tremble and it fell down. Before it would touch the ground, it burned up into ashes, fading away as if the message never existed in the first place.

"What happened?" My father asked as he walked a bit closer to me. I looked at him shocked. I didn't know how I was going to say this to him nor did I knew how I had to process this myself.

"L-Lucifer has Alec and Samuel." I stuttered and he widened his eyes, not wanting to believe anything I had just had told him.

________________________________

Agh! Remember when I came up with this part ages ago and I was so emotional... You will understand soon why!