Chapter 15

[I can't believe it! We actually made it to 6K readers! Thank you so much for reading this story! It really means a lot to me! Let me know in the comments what you think of the chapter and please leave a vote!]

_

ALEC'S POV

I had never seen a demon like this in my whole life and neither did Magnus which rang bells. Who was this and who did this? Where did it come from and now more importantly, how are we supposed to find an antidote for it? It got Ella. Magnus tried to hold it off with his magic but it didn't work. I saw from far that Ella had collapsed and worry overwhelmed me. I saw Magnus almost giving up.

"Magnus!" I shouted and I saw him looking at me. I could see his chest going up and down. Slowly, he couldn't resist the demon and started to slip away. I ran towards him and quickly let my arrow fly right in the chest of the demon.

The demon growled loudly and took a few steps back. To my surprise, my arrows worked. I quickly let another few arrows fly out and the demon started to shrink. Why the hell was is shrinking? It didn't make sense. Now Magnus but all his power on him and the demon exploded. The remains of the demon flew all around us and we were soaked in its blood. I saw Magnus quickly taking a piece of it and looked behind himself to search for Ella.

"Where is she?" He asked worriedly. He looked pale as if he had seen a ghost.

"Chris took her back to the institute." I said and he nodded. He created a portal and together we walked in. The others stayed behind to investigate and I was sure that Izzy would go too.

When we arrived at the institute, Magnus looked around, desperately trying to find where Ella was. I saw Samuel walking out and I quickly ran towards him.

"Where is Ella?" I asked and Samuel looked at me.

"She is in the infirmary." He said and both Magnus and I ran towards the infirmary where we found her laying down in the hospital bed unconscious.

Magnus sighed and sat down next to her bed where a small chair was placed. I stood next to him as we watched over Ella. Her skin was pale and where she was bitten, it looked like all the blood was gone from there. She didn't even look alive anymore...

"Magnus, everything will be okay." I said and he looked at me as he shook his head.

"If we didn't let her go, she would have been fine. This is your fault. You allowed her in the first place." Magnus said angrily as he looked at me. I frowned in confusion and shook my head.

"That's not true, Magnus..." I whispered in disbelief. Magnus shook his head and pushed my hand away from his. Shocked and hurt, I looked at the one I loved more than I should.

"You let her go! Stop acting like her father because you are not!" Magnus started to shout and every word he spoke out hit me like I was being stabbed. I couldn't believe what he just had said...

"Magnus, you don't mean that." I said softly, afraid of what he would answer me back. I felt like the oxygen in my lungs were no longer there... It was hard for me to breath. Magnus, the one that could never be this mean was being mean...

"I do. So, can you now move and go? Leave me and my daughter alone." Magnus said as he looked away from and looked at Ella. My heart stopped and I felt the tears in my eyes. Magnus and I never had arguments and now that we did have one, it felt like I was dying...

I didn't say anything and walked away but before that, I glanced at Ella and Magnus. He was looking at me as I looked at them and with his magic, he closes the door in my face which was more a slap to me... I swallowed as if I was swallowing my tears away. I walked towards the lab where I knew that Isabelle was working on an antidote for Ella. When I walked in I saw that she was worried.

"Izzy, please tell me that you got something." I begged and with a sad look on her face, she looked at me as she shook her head.

"I am sorry but I don't have anything yet." Izzy said softly and I closed my eyes as some tears streamed down my cheeks. I saw that Izzy was shocked and quickly held my hand to comfort me.

"What is wrong? Why are you crying?" Izzy asked concerned as she tried to wipe my tears away. She was too short even with her heels she couldn't reach my height.

"Ella..." I said softly as my voice was breaking down again. I saw her face when I just visited her. She had a chance to die... It was weird how I felt about her. She was Magnus's daughter but it felt like she was mine too even though she wasn't from my blood. I felt like I was her father too...

Magnus and I have been together for a quite long time. We talked about getting married soon but never about having children. I always felt like something was missing. There was this dark hole inside of me that made me feel so bad but when Ella came along, she filled it. I was happy with Magnus but having a family together was something I always wanted. Now that Ella was here, it did felt like we had a little family...

I knew that I wouldn't fill the place in for her mother but Ella could rely on me from the start. I felt drawn to her and felt like I needed to protect her with all costs. I would still do that, even if Magnus didn't wanted me to do that. If Ella felt like I was family to her or not, she certainly felt like she was my family and I would do anything to help them, even if that meant that I had to die for them. I would die to keep Ella save because she is my daughter.

Every time she cried it killed me and whenever she was in pain, it felt like my world was going down. It pained me because I couldn't do something to help her but whenever she smiled because she was happy, a warm feeling overwhelmed me. It made me feel proud because I knew that she was smiling because of me or her father... Seeing her at the edge of death, kills me and it kills me even more when I can't do anything to help her... I loved her like she was my own. She was my child... She was my daughter too...

"I will do anything I can Alec. Just please don't cry." Izzy said as she hugged me. I nodded and held her tight. For a few minutes, we stood like that and Izzy quickly pulled out of the hug.

"I don't know what will happen if we lose Ella..." I whispered as my voice was to break down again. Izzy quickly shook her head.

"Don't think like that, Alec. We will get her back." She said as she quickly walked over to the potions she was making.

"There should be an antidote but because we don't know what kind of a demon this was. It makes it harder." Izzy said as she was mixing some potions together.

"What if we mix its blood with angelic blood. My arrows killed the demon." I said and Izzy looked at me.

"How am I supposed to get angelic blood? We can't just run towards the blood bank. That will take days before the clave allows it." Izzy said. I nodded. I took my stele and cut deep in my hand.

"Alec!" Izzy shouted.

"I will get over it. Ella needs this." I said and she nodded. I let my blood drop in the potion, together with the demon's blood.

"This should work." Izzy said as she was done mixing the blood together.

"Go and save your daughter." Izzy said with a smile and my heart felt warm when she said 'daughter'. I smiled and nodded. I quickly ran back to the infirmary with the potion in my hand. When I walked in, Magnus was looking at me.

"The potion." I said as I tried catching my breath. He quickly took the potion from my hand and walked over to Ella. He put the potion in her mouth and luckily Ella was still able to drink it. I saw that the wound was fading away and I sighed out of relief. She was okay.

Magnus turned himself around to me and looked at me in worry. That's when I realized that my hand was still bleeding. Magnus walked towards me and wiped the blood from my hand as I activated my Iratze rune.

"Sorry, Alec for what I have said." Magnus said and I looked at him.

"I understand that she is made from your blood but it felt like my world was falling apart when Ella got hurt. She may not be from my blood but she feels like a daughter to me. So don't ever throw this in my face again." I said and I could see that it had hit him. I moved away from him and looked at Ella as I was waiting for her to wake up again.

[What do you think about Magnus telling Alec about Ella? Please also vote!]